Idiot drivers.

rascal

Visit site
On our way to the yard this evening, there was a rider on a bay horse, all decked out in pink bright wear. We passed wide and slow, but a stupid idiot in a black car shot past, way too fast, overtaking us as we went passed the rider, really no need for that.

Roxylola

Visit site
Happens so often to us, we're straight on a main road that's a bus route. The bus drivers are so great and slow right down for us and inevitably some idiot comes flying past the bus ?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I regularly see idiots driving through the village near the M'way roundabout, past the livery yard which has fields on both sides of the road, way over the 30mph speed limit. They drive on the wrong side of *the bollards* to get past those of us who are observing the speed limit.

Annagain

Visit site
I was very clearly having trouble with my boy the other day (pigs had blown his mind) and having to travel up the road (for a very short distance, I wasn’t holding them up for more than 30 seconds and I turned off the road to a safe place as soon as I could) sideways to stop him legging it. One car overtook me. Luckily the next car was another girl from the yard but she had to drive down the middle of the road to stop cars trying to overtake both her and me.

Griffin

Visit site
It's always worth reporting any incidents (even if you don't have a reg number) to the BHS because it can help build a picture for their safety team and I believe their statistics are shared with the police.

minesadouble

Visit site
Overtaking someone who's overtaking something else, if not on a three lane A-road or motorway is so dangerous. Some people really just can't wait, can they?

I fail to see how it is even possible on a two lane road. If I'm passing a horse I give it virtually as much room as I would another vehicle.

windand rain

Visit site
On the way to the ponies yesterday I nearly had a new hood ornament a motorcyclist coming towards me pulled out to overtak a van. I could see the whites of his eyes in my windscreen.

Wishfilly

Visit site
I fail to see how it is even possible on a two lane road. If I'm passing a horse I give it virtually as much room as I would another vehicle.

Sorry, I think my post is badly phrased. If it's on a two lane road (which I assume this was?) it's very dangerous. Doubly so if it's a horse, but even if it's a cyclist etc.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Last Sunday, I allowed another car coming the other way to pass, while I have two pedestrians room, only to have a fool squeeze between me and the oncoming car!!!!!

teddypops

Visit site
I have ridden on the lanes around mine for the last 10 or so years and I only ever met the odd idiot. After several near misses in the last couple of months and a massive increase in people who don’t know how to drive, it’s now too scary to hack out. There are lots of new housing estates locally, so I think the increase must be due to that.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have a folder on my computer called Idiot drivers, where I store all the go pro evidence. This happened today , pot hole country lane, two idiots zoomed passed us not caring at all. I love my go pro

This was one of the prats today teenager on pony high bank on the left with deep ditch to the left * (__I__) hole *. Driver had past a large driveway but could not wait. Mare recovering from Check Ligament so could not climb the high bank ( does not show it in picture) My horse large ID my whip brush alongside his car and 2 inches off my stirrup

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210606-202648_YouTube[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20210606-202648_YouTube[1].jpg
    746.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Fortunately I was able to get in a lay by the other day, as a removals van did not slow down overtaking H, and frightened him, causing him to spin round. Don't know what he'd have done had I not had the hard standing area to go and he'd had to pass me on the road...

Usually the most considerate is motorcycle riders.

I'm also fed up of tour de France wannabe cyclists who roar 2 abrest round a corner (of a country road) always fear one will end up in his chest one day.

Inconsiderate riders also annoy me, as they potentially ruin it for the rest of us. I always make an effort to get to a safe passing place if there are cars, and say thank you and have a pink tabard on. There are those round my yard who do none of those things!

luckyoldme

Visit site
How I approach all vulnerable road users is the same.
Be it pedestrians, cyclists, joggers , horses ..anything that looks more fragile than me.
I slow down in an exaggerated fashion and give an exaggerated amount of space. If I'm in the wagon I stop for horses or anything that's too close.
My thinking is I don't just slow down or give space...I also aim to make it really obvious to anyone watching or filming that I have done so.
Yesterday I was out on my bike. I approached a horse called to let the rider know I was there and passed slowly. We had a pleasant exchange and went on doing our thing. I don't get why folk make it so bloody complicated !

Antw23uk

Visit site
I was over taken on a blind bend the other day by a motorbike that had scared my horse. He could see i was struggling but the twat kept going! Its annoying, Pah! whatever!

On the way out two teenage boys undertook me, lol! It was rather funny as i was educating them about giving me a shout to let them know they were there .. and i was just about to say the road was clear to overtake (on a bend, i could see over the hedge) and the next minute they were squeezing past on the inside, lol! The horse was just as amused as me, it was rather funny (on this horse, hes a dude, my last horse they would have died!)

Needless to say they got a quick word on the difference between overtaking and undertaking, lol!

Brownmare

Visit site
I have started carrying a hunting whip out hacking. Initially because my horse is a tit about doing gates, but I have since found it very handy to stop people squeezing past. If you hold it out to the side with the lash hanging down they don't like to drive through it. I think I will add a bit of hiviz material to the end too for added effect.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just at the end of lockdown I was driving to the other house and as I came off round about it’s a 20 past a school there was junction on the left and just onto the road out of the junction a small child had fallen off her bike into the road a Mum with a baby in a carrying thing and pushing a buggy was trying to get her up and two older children where biking ahead on the pavement going quite fast Mum was shouting at them I think telling them to stop, on the pavement two elderly people with a large dog where coming towards them .
I pulled out as much as I could and slowed right down as I thought the older kids might turn into the road to come back towards Mum .
As all this was going someone pulled out and shot past me she had to floor it as it was a tiny car and there where cars coming towards her .
TBH I told MrGS to take her number because I would have rung the police non emergency number however when she got to the village she parked by our House so MrGS got out and spoke to her he got a mouth full of abuse and was told I was going dangerously slowly .??‍♀️