Idiot horse owners

Fairynuff

Visit site
Friends of a friend decided that seeing as they had some land they wanted a couple of horses. They came to me asking advice on feed etc which I gave happily. The mare came in season and thete was an Arab stallion down the road doing nothing so............... Anyway, the mare (who is awful phys and mentally) foaled yesterday-a filly. The mare kicked the filly on the head then stood on her knee. The filly fell down a gully into the brambles at some point in the day and they hauled her out in the evening. My friend (who breeds dogs) phoned me for advice-she was on her way to give the filly an anti-tet(dog dose) and wanted to know about the cuts and swollen knee and tendons. I am so bloody angry at the stupidity of people. The filly isnt suckling and has a temp, I said to phone a vet but theyve said that they want to treat the filly with "natural" medicines.The mare has had no vacs of any kind in two years and they dont even know if the filly has had the colostrum.Poor thing, it can only get worse for her.These are the same people who were feeding the two horses stale bread from the baker instead of HORSEFEED! What do I do-shrug my shoulders and look away or ?????????????? Id put my money on joint ill disease. M:
mad.gif

GTs

Visit site
If the foal is not suckling it will die soon - probably best thing for it.

It was amazing how long people would wait with a sick foal - if the foal was bought in quickly, the staff can get it back on it's feet and on its way in no time. If you wait and have a very sick foal it can take a fair amount of time - and we all know foal care is expensive, they need to be fed every hour.........

Dougie

Visit site
FFS!!! dosey fu*king tw*ts!!! what era are they living ..."natuarly"??? hmmm somehow i dont think it will work, oh no wait i could give it some leaves and it will trot away..ehh dont think so somehow!!!! dont worry it will be dead by monday, best thing for the poor wee blighter by the sounds of it

steffielu

Visit site
could you ring the RSPCA?? Fair enough to say it will prob die soon, but its obviously suffering, and I dont think I could just stand by and watch tbh.
People like this deserve to be shot, they really dont have a clue and are too mean to actually spend any money on the unfortunate creatures in their care. There were some up the road from us who decided to castrate their colt by themselves by doping it up on ACP first.
shocked.gif
Needless to say, it came round pretty quickly, and subsequently bled to death in a trailer on the moterway on its way up to equine hospital. Scum!

L

lilym

poor little thing, hopefully it's suffering will end soon, some people should be shot they are so bloody stupid and pig ignorant.
mad.gif

Tia

Visit site
Oh jeez - we all have them then!

I have one who boards at my farm - turned up today to say that they had "rescued" a fawn.....please!!!! Guess what they were feeding it on???? Bl**dy dog food........dog food????

Sorry but some people are complete and utter nitwits and shouldn't be allowed out of the house without supervision. I don't think your filly will be the only one to die shortly at the hands of some fool.
frown.gif

Honeyb060674

Visit site
These are the kind of people who must be reported. The annoying thing is if the RSPCA deem them unfit the worst they get is a feeble fine, slap on the wrist and banned from keeping animals for a year or so. Would they leave a child in that condition?
mad.gif
mad.gif

BethH

Visit site
I agree - call the RSPCA and never underestimate the stupidity of the human race!

You could try and see if there is a horse sanctuary anywhere near you, they are generally good at understanding this sort of thing based on the fact lots of rescues end up with them! I'll happily make a donation if they manage to rescue the foal! I would say some serious vetcare is required sharpish! It just makes me feel terribly sad and these people have also managed to put a lot of guilt on to you - very unfair, good for you for trying to help, even if it has fallen on deaf ears!

KJJ

Visit site
Grrrr!!! That is so sad... some people make my blood boil!! FFS!!!

Mairi - go and foalnap the poor ickle blighter... hide it in a stable and give it some proper care.... Unfortunatley this may cost you money and you may loose your friends (no loss if they are so stupid IMO!!!)

Hope the foalies OK
frown.gif

Fairynuff

Visit site
My doggie friend whos friends(?) with the idiots called me today. A vet was finally called but wouldnt visit-he told them to put some Lasonil cream on the tendons and knee(human anti inflamatory) and then apply creta which is clay in powder which you mix with water and then slap on.??????????????????All of this over the telephone????????????? They called another vet yesterday who saw fit to visit the filly and....YESSSSSSSSS, we have joint ill.Shes now on massive doses of antiBs and is being held up to suckle, mare doped up to accept her!!!! Im staying well away as I have no intention to be up on a GBH charge. I cant save them all. God bless you little filly, cant understand why you were brought into the world. M.
frown.gif

Fairynuff

Visit site
Most of the horse vets are idiots here. Theres one who was ever so handy with his endoscope and would whip it out any time a horse coughed or made the slightest noise. All those who made the slightest noise needed at least a tye back or hobdaying and many many owners sent their neds off to be operated by said vet. Said vet sedated all neds before scoping with the result that the used sed relaxed their vocal chords so much that they were all ROARERS!!!!!!!!!!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
Hes since been tumbled and although some owners complained to the relative bodies...........nothing happened! Hes now well off and a lot of horses cant neigh anymore.
crazy.gif
M.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Latest news-filly died during the night. Im sooooo angry but relieved at the same time.Her suffering is over. Going to go and blow my nose for a little horse Ive never met. Sometimes, I hate people. M.

JadeWisc

Visit site
Poor little girl. I'm so sorry to hear that Mairi. All that can be hoped for now is that the Mare in their care stays healthy, and for certain NEVER allowed to be bred again.Prhaps this little filly did have a purpose, to teach her ignorant owners a cruel lesson in how little they know. Hopefully it helps them to wake up and begin researching horse care. Or even better......send the horses to a good home