Idiot Horse

3OldPonies

Visit site
Time for a rant, sorry guys just need to get this off my chest with people who will understand my frustration!

Background - H is 37 and sometimes his brain cells get a bit scrambled, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer at the best of times.

So, for a little while know he has started leaning on the multi-strand electric fencing. (I've not got around to taking the low strands off since the mini-shetti was PTS). Anyway, yesterday he discovered the delights of getting more attention from mum (i.e. me) by putting a front foot over the bottom strand and ending up 'trapped' in the fence (it has a low pulse on that bit of fence and his feathers keep him from being shocked). Fast forward to this morning and he sees me coming across the field at breakfast time, and what does this sharp as a tennis ball horse do - puts both feet over the bottom strand and gets well and truly stuck be walking forward through the fence, pulling the stakes out of the ground and stretching the thing to it's limits. Backing him up only sends him nutty (I think his little grey cells were at this point somewhere else entirely) and his mate goes hell for leather to the stables jumping the half down fence - needless to say H tries to follow. Arrghhhhh. At this point he gets his fronts free, but the fence flips up and twists itself around his back legs. To cut long story, and a lot of shouting, short, eventually I get him free - and he trots off like nothing happened!!!!!!!

So, as there is not a lot going on at work, I shall be taking this afternoon off to go and sort out the rest of the fencing and moving the energiser so that the bit he leans on and steps through has a stronger current running through it.

Don't you just love 'em?

Thriller

Visit site
Sometimes i think they do these things just for the laughs of it. You can practically see them laughing and that twinkle in their eye!

3OldPonies

Visit site
Oh yes, he knew what he was going alright when he put his feet through the fence, it was quite deliberate. I just don't think he planned on getting quite so caught up in it!!!!

Merrymoles

Visit site
If he was really evil, he'd have waited until there was a lot going on at work! ;)

I had a little "animals" rant last night when the smaller of our dogs threw up all over the kitchen just when I had my hands covered in "people" food that I was in midst of preparing.

It's a good job we love them really...

Last edited:

3OldPonies

Visit site
That's not a bad thought annagain!!!!!

No, I would never do that, but I am thinking of attaching some fence tape to his rug, so that he gets zapped when he starts leaning on it.

Hope your pooch was alright moleskinsmum?

Merrymoles

Visit site
That's not a bad thought annagain!!!!!

No, I would never do that, but I am thinking of attaching some fence tape to his rug, so that he gets zapped when he starts leaning on it.

Hope your pooch was alright moleskinsmum?

She's fine thanks 3OldPonies - think she just ate her dinner too fast!