Idle Curiosity Part 2: SJ yard on M40

Rambo

Visit site
Hehe...I was just gonna something along the same lines
shocked.gif

Weezy

Visit site
OMG Riverside Glen - I WANT HIM!

OK back to the topic in question - no the yard I am thinking of the arena is more exposed to the M'way than that - and no, I am not driving up there tomorrow to take a pic! there are barns behind it (indoor school?) I suppose it COULD be there - only way I am going to work it out is if I see if I cannot book me and Boss in for a lesson and a trial on that GORGEOUS grey!

seabiscuit

Visit site
Wow, look at Riverside Glen trotting up in the 'horses for sale' part! Looks like nothing he can hardly move! Then you see him jump- completly different horse!

Would love to have some lessons there- Ben Maher IMO is the most beautifull rider on the circuit so his trainer must have helped!

Weezy

Visit site
I was more OMG HE IS SO FOOTY in walk!!!! Just shows that a walk and trot up doesnt prove performance!

Hey Forrest, as soon as Own is really REALLY fixed, fancy joining me for some training
tongue.gif

Judie

Visit site
It use to be Nick's yard, but Robert Smith has it now and Nick has built another one next door. I thought Robert was going to sell it but obviously hasn't yet. It's actually in the village of Lowsonford.

seabiscuit

Visit site
DEFFO!!!
smile.gif
Would love to do that for sure put me down for the new year!
smile.gif
when Owen will be VERY fixed LOL!

The grey looks completly what my vet would call utterley buggered in walk and trot! hardly overtracking,perhaps *coughs* unlevel!. Completly different performing though! Wierd!

Weezy

Visit site
OK then I shall call and see what is open to us mere mortals! I had some lessons from Harvey when I was 17 and although a lot of people dont hold much admiration for him, I did and so would love to go see Steven (as Robert doesnt teach I dont think)

And yes, my vet would say the same, however I would still LOVE to own a horse like that!!!

Judie

Visit site
Robert does teach but I think he's just so busy but I have heard Steven is better anyway. (not suggesting for one minute Robert isn't any good) .

seabiscuit

Visit site
Fantastic do let me know!
smile.gif

I wonder why they showed that video of the grey trotting up!
confused.gif
Still,I agree with you would love to own something like that too!

Weezy

Visit site
Ahh I was referring to this:

The day-to-day training is handled by Robert’s brother, Steven Smith – a former Olympic silver medallist and successful international show jumper. The training operation as a whole is overseen by Robert.

Dont really mind which one we get tho!!!!