IDxTB owners - saddle sizes

vicm2509

Visit site
Just wondered what size saddle everyone elses IDxTB wears. Baron is 16.3hh and is in a Wintec 500 17.5inch and has the medium gullet in it.

Also while im on the subject of saddles has anyone with a wintec tried the bates saddles with the changebale gullets? Im thinking of getting one in the new year and hoping it will fit as well as his wintec.

KatB

Visit site
Cant help with sizing, other than the fact that the same size as my 16.1hh ISH type.

The bates GP, CC, dressage and Wintec same models are on the same trees, so the Bates version should fit no problems!

frannieuk

Visit site
I have a Bates Caprilli with Cair and its fab, changed the gullet when the horse changed her shape from work/coming into winter etc and its brilliant. Very comfortable, and looks the business too, the only thing I would say is that the gullet change can be a bit fiddly. I really rate mine though, was a good investment imo
grin.gif

Oh, and I have a 17hh IDxTB that has a 17.5" although she only just takes it as she is exceptionally short backed, the other is 16.1, is supposed to be IDxTBxCB and has a 17.5" too.

Scarlett

Visit site
I went from a Wintec adjustable to the Collegiate leather GP with the same adjustable gullet - its made by the same people as Bates and Wintec - and I love it! Currently saving up to buy another one for my other horse.... also at £600-650 new its a bit cheaper than a Bates....

RachelB

Visit site
Mine is a proper middleweight (more ID in her) and she has a Wintec Pro dressage and a Wintec 2000 GP, both 17.5" (would be 17" but needs to fit my mum as well) and both medium gullets. She was skinny when I got her though and the saddler wanted to put a narrower gullet in, but now she's filled it out and possibly needs the medium/wide one.

mitchellk

Visit site
My boy is 17hh 3/4 bred and has a whopping great wither and is currently in a Jefferies Falcon GP in a 18 inch narrow. Fits him great but I slip and slid in it so can't wait to get something with a smaller seat, i'm counting my pennies, don't have enough tho lol!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Caff is in a medieum narrow gullet in her wintec in the winter (the green one) and the blue one (medium wide) in the summer she goes to medium in between that time (the black one)