If a Wintec 2000 is a perfect fit...

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Would it be a fairly safe bet that a Bates Elevation would also be a perfect fit but with the added advantage for me of being leather and better quality?

Otherwise any suggestions of saddles I can browse online that would be a similar fit

MissTyc

Visit site
In my experience, it's sadly not that simple. My mare didn't fit a wintec at all, but did fit a T4 thorowgood. Then, when she was finished growing (the T4 still fit beautifully), I treated myself to the K&M version of my thorowgood. Didn't fit. Part-exchanged it with my saddler for ... a Bates that fit perfectly and still does 4 years later.

rara007

Visit site
Yes I agree with above sadly! They do seem slightly different. Maybe due to how they flock a bit differently due to the material...?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Balls! Well I’d sadly, because I loved the look of the saddle I’d found, discounted it anyway as it’s cair I think (seller isn’t sure but I put it on my fb and general opinion is Cair) and I want flocked.
Colne have a few I may pop over and have a look at this week. This of course comes with the advantage of being trialled, fitted, adjusted etc

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Contact Weatherbeeta (I think they distribute Wintec and Bates) or a fitter who is fully trained and endorsed by them. Cair can be replaced with flocking but of course you need to include that in your budget.