If anyone is in need of a confidence boost, check this out....

Saucisson

Visit site
Our yard had a competition at the weekend, not a major affair but I'm not a major equestrian either.

Did the dressage on OH's mare (she's just back into comps after an injury last year). Let's be clear here, she's a sporty 10 yr old who generally knows what she's doing. I did the basic test so I was up against 7 year olds :eek: I memorised my test the night before and didn't drink at friend's b'day bash so I would be in form............shame the test I memorised wasn't the same as the one in the competition.......oops!

Somebody was calling the test so not a total car crash but..........well, I asked if would receive extra points for the extra circles I put in :eek:

So, onto the jumping. I haven't jumped for a few months so on my horse, I went in the 50cm.............yes 50cm, with the 7 year olds again. Horse was great warming up although he does generally regard 50cm as cavaletti.

Got into the course and he flew round with such exuberence.............that we knocked 2 down (I had also given him a dodgy approach to one of them - so my fault).

Yep, 2 poles down in.....................50cm :eek:

I won't be holding my breath for 2012 Olympics then.............

I had a fun day though, but I did have to laugh at the end when one of the 7 year olds went up to take her winning trophy for the 50cm, I said to OH "oh, I came last?" to which he replied "yes, and on the best horse". You can always rely on OH to give you that positive spin :rolleyes::D

Saucisson

Visit site
:D fantastic. glad you had fun though

It was great fun actually. I was really pleased with my horse in reality, OH has been training him for the last few months and I could really feel the difference, he's like a little pro now :p (shame about the rider :eek:). By all accounts he just ran over some of the fences rather than jumping them :D

You're definately in my league :D

Hmmmm, maybe we should go for the 30cm next time and take our chances agaist the 5 year old kids. In fact, why don't I just get off, put the horse back in the box and jump them meself :D

Saucisson

Visit site
Loving your OH :D :D

Mrs M, for half a pint and a bag of chips you can have him! Even worse, he took the mare he's currently training (she's just turned 4 - her first ever jumping course) in the same 50cm class for fun and did better :eek:

Congrats!! Nice to hear she's getting back into her work again!

Well thank you. It's great to have her back. Much as I love my horse he's not the most affectionate in the world but OH's mare loves kisses and cuddles and I like kissing and cuddling her.............probably more than OH sometimes :D

Rosiefan

Visit site
Love it - it's supposed to be fun and it obviously is :D Had you considered lead rein classes? Seriously though, well done for giving it a go.

Saucisson

Visit site
Love it - it's supposed to be fun and it obviously is :D Had you considered lead rein classes? Seriously though, well done for giving it a go.

Oi cheeky! :D

It was fun, the YO said to waiting OH "not a problem there, she is obviously happy" coz I grinned the whole way round :D

My horse is currently jumping 1m comfortably with OH and soon going to 1.10m.........I'm a bit embarrassed :eek:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Sounds like you just need to push OH off in the collecting ring.....

My husband's horse kicks everything down at lower levels, but gets better as they get bigger!

Saucisson

Visit site
Sounds like you just need to push OH off in the collecting ring.....

My husband's horse kicks everything down at lower levels, but gets better as they get bigger!

Gets better at kicking em or better at jumping em? :D

To be fair to my horse, he did quite well. He is handicapped by his arab father (don't kill me arab people - I do love them !), and my terrible riding didn't help him at all!