If it doesn’t move…

little_critter

Visit site
I offered mine a banana once and he looked at me like I was mildly deranged. The warmbloods on the yard like them but clearly inappropriate for a cob who would like to be as wide as he is tall :D
Mine refused bananas too, well she backed away as if I was pointing a gun, rather than a banana, at her. She has very conservative tastes.
My mostly TB is the walking dustbin of the two.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I turned round not long after bringing my cob home to find the end of a carrier bag disappearing down his gullet. Having only had smart ponies before, I'd never worried too much about leaving one hanging up. That changed! I was really fortunate that I hadn't gone poo picking and was able to charge up to the poor surprised beast and haul it back out. It was half swallowed. Lesson learned!!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Long ago the pony in the next stable to mine, low wall so they could reach each other, had a towel padding under his roller. One day it had mysteriously vanished and we only found out what had happened to it when pieces of it appeared in my pony's poo. He survived with no ill effects.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Several horses at the trail course last year wanted to eat those balls. Not sure why. None of them were Cobs ?

My PRE likes most things, but he was a bit offended when I tried to give him a red beet last week. His old neighbor (Trakehner) used to scoff them. He loves bananas.

FWIW, I don't like beets either.

Annagain

Visit site
My friend's new cob spends about half an hour picking anything green out of his feed, licking it clean and putting it in a carefully placed pile. He then eats his tea. The weird thing is, by morning he's eaten all the green bits! I gave him a banana the other day. He chewed it for a bit then spat it all over me.