If you’d told me 8 weeks ago...

chaps89

Visit site
So far we've I'd the odd spot of rain here, definitely not what you could call rain though. We're desperate, the ground is crying out for a good soaking. Although my field resembles the Sahara more than a pony paddock, I don't actually mind the lack of grass with fatty ponies, but we can't have both!

Floofball

Visit site
Had to go out in the middle of the night to be up an endless cat fight and may have just stood outside deeply inhaling the rain...or is it petrichor?

Had to google petrichor ?
the rain woke me up in the night and I smiled, sounded like it put a bit down so ?? Last rain we had was followed by 3 days of howling winds that turned everywhere into a dust bowl again!

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
Still dry as the desert here in East London, absolutely desperate for some rain for the fields. Whilst the lack of grass has been useful for my fatty the ground is far too hard to get above a walk on out hacking, and the school is very deep despite being watered twice a week... we need a proper soaking!

PSD

Visit site
We’ve had it since the early hours here in Manchester. It’s not heavy but it’s rain! I doubt it’ll do much to the fields though unless we have a few days worth like they’re predicting. I’ve never in my life wanted it to rain as much as I have now ?

southerncomfort

Visit site
Been raining since the early hours here in West Yorkshire. Fairly light but constant. Thick fog has just rolled in too.

Supposed to dry up this afternoon but looks showery fo the next few days.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Been windy and grey all morning here, but only really had a tiny shower so far.

The ground is rock hard here, but I also know a lot of people are hay cutting recently- so torn about wanting proper rain today!

The cooler temperatures are lovely, though!

zandp

Visit site
We've got showers but the ground in the field looks like mud rather than beach sand again so I'm planning a dance around the field later with the grass seed i bought in March, which arrived just as the field got too dry !

Carrottom

Visit site
We have hardly had any. Desperately need a few days of rain as the well is so low I dare not use the washing machine. You know your jods need washing when the horse flies transfer from the horse to your leg, easier to splat though.

Northern

Visit site
I hope it rains for you all soon. I wouldn't wish the summer we have just had on anyone, the worst drought in living memory. Getting excited when rain was forecast and the absolute devastation when yet another storm skirts by without a drop. Mother nature can be so cruel :(

Attachments

• 1591179801443.png
    1591179801443.png
    645.5 KB · Views: 7

millikins

Visit site
Two years in a row I've bought grass seed suitable for laminitics to repair winter damage, two years in a row I've just bought expensive pigeon food :( Fed up, only a few spots in Surrey.

C1airey

Visit site
Gently drizzling here now. The ground is so hard, I think anything heavier would be a problem. I’m hoping this continues all day.

Carrottom

Visit site
There were big dark clouds this afternoon so I went poo picking with no coat, that would usually make it chuck down. NOTHING.