If you could have one Badminton horse, who would it be?

kerilli

Visit site
I'm torn between Idalgo, who looked so unbelievably classy and obviously has a great future, and Coolgrange Merger, Tony Warr's horse, who was so generous and honest. Perfect example of the ISH.
Realistically the latter for me, but in my dreams, if I had wonderful trainers present every time I rode him so I couldn't muck him up, Idalgo! I am so smitten with that horse!
I loved Karin Doncker's mare too. Mmmmm.
How about you?

dingle12

Visit site
Karin Doncker's mare or Little Tiger
smile.gif

Sneedy

Visit site
Ditto Idalgo - but I'm a sucker for a classy ginger!!! Also thought Drivetime looked quite promising and disappointed she retired?!

MandyMoo

Visit site
Karin Doncker's Little Tiger and WFP's Idalgo are both amazing to me
laugh.gif
They both get my vote...i also quite liked the mare Gazelle something or other...very pretty with a very brave and bold scopey jump
smile.gif
but she did let herself down in the sj-ing...so overal its got to be idalgo and little tiger
grin.gif

little tiger because he is such an honest and brave little horse, and idalgo because he has a big future ahead of him...plus hes just so GORGEOUS
grin.gif
xx

ihatework

Visit site
Coolgrange Merger, no doubt about it. Very clever and genuine horse.
Not saying that most of the others aren't, but this one looked like it would really help its rider out if needed.

only_me

Visit site
I prefer machitio (wfp other horse!) and I think that it is a very classy horse
smile.gif

Or lenamore, who looks a complete joy to ride
laugh.gif

kerilli

Visit site
Sneedy, totally agree about Drivetime, they were looking amazing till their blip. iirc they fell at fence in water at 4* in Europe last year (Pau?) and i think he remembered that when he was a bit wrong to it, and that made him stop. such a huge shame. don't blame her for retiring and taking him elsewhere hopefully.

kirstyfk

Visit site
I think I would prefer Macchiato to Idalgo. Not as classy but does look a little easier to ride. Society Spice and Kilpatrick River, I'm not fussy really I would quite happy have any of them
tongue.gif

clairel

Visit site
Tony Warr's horse for me! Looks like he would hunt all day and jump round the biggest XC tracks! Also seemed to be really generous and would forgive my, rather frequent, misjudgements!

I'm afraid a horse like Idalgo would be too much for me to ride as fabulous as WFP looked on him!

langside

Visit site
I fell in love with Idalgo in the sj phase but the horse i fell in love with the most was Boondoggle - boy that pone can jump what a feeling he must give kitty during the xc
cool.gif

Rafferoo

Visit site
Kilpatrick River for me - I just LOVE him! Elizabeth can keep him for a bit longer though - perhaps take him to the London Olympics and then hand him over.
grin.gif

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I fell in love with Idalgo in the sj phase but the horse i fell in love with the most was Boondoggle - boy that pone can jump what a feeling he must give kitty during the xc
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

he was on Horsequest last spring for £25k. seriously. i didn't have the money so didn't bother ringing, but i so wish i'd been able to get the cash from somewhere. bet i'm not the only one!
but Kitty's done an amazing job, i got the impression from the ad that previous jockey was giving up with him at top level because of consistently poor sj results.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Coolgrange Merger, so honest, a pleasure to watch and also Twinkle Bee who looked nothing special, as sour as lemons, ears back and swishing tail the whole time but kept in a lovely rhythm, just lobbing along and gave her a lovely ride; a genuine type I think.

langside

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

he was on Horsequest last spring for £25k. seriously. i didn't have the money so didn't bother ringing, but i so wish i'd been able to get the cash from somewhere. bet i'm not the only one!
but Kitty's done an amazing job, i got the impression from the ad that previous jockey was giving up with him at top level because of consistently poor sj results.

[/ QUOTE ]

a bit out of my price range but nice to know that really silly money doesnt always have to be paid for a 4* horse but im sure kitty's put in the blood sweat and tears to get him looking like he is id say 11sj faults isnt too bad if he was sold due to poor consistency plenty have seen worse

hoggedmane

Visit site
I loved Coolgrange Merger we were at the pond where he was held and the horse was super. My type - just like a horse my dad had when I was a girl!
also liked Regulus!!

Eventerlad15

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a bit out of my price range but nice to know that really silly money doesnt always have to be paid for a 4* horse but im sure kitty's put in the blood sweat and tears to get him looking like he is id say 11sj faults isnt too bad if he was sold due to poor consistency plenty have seen worse

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he was on for more like 14K?

sare_bear

Visit site
For me it would have to be Coolgrange Merger for his honesty. Was a lovely genuine horse. However I have to say I was taken by Ava. What a scopey horse.

jumptoit

Visit site
Idalgo, Drivetime and Society Spice!!!
grin.gif

Would have Little Tiger too but my Dad said I wouldn't be allowed it if they were giving it away as however talented it's still grey!
mad.gif
But hey ho I don't think that will ever happen anyway!
grin.gif

Not that I would be able to ride an Intro on any of them!!!