If you had time/space/money, what horse would you buy?

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Well, I am busy trying to entertain myself on a Saturday by cruising Horsemart (one of my favourite hobbies!). My Mum and I decided recently that we were mad to get a big horse, we should have gone back to ponies instead as they are so fun (and easy to get on, hehe). I just found the most wonderful little pony on Horsemart which I would totally snap up if I had the money, the time to give her and the space in the field.

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/9_yrs_1_mth_14_0_hh_palomino_haflinger_cheshire/105628

I am madly in love with her and she would be perfect for my mum too.

The question is... what horse/pony would you buy if you could? :)

Firewell

Visit site
I would buy the horse that I have on loan at the moment. He's a wonderful personality, beautiful to look at, talented, safe and tries hard! What more could I want!!

Before I got him I always thought that I wanted a 15hh Connemara. Safe and fun with a good jump. I'm actually more than happy with the first horse I mentioned even though he's a 16.1 5yr old Tb!

Little_Miss_1

Visit site
If I had the money and time I would have back a mare that I backed and brought on a while ago. She is now doing one * eventing and ( I know this sounds really bigheaded) but she went better with me (all be it at a lower level because she was younger) - this isnt a critique of her new rider (who is really great) but you know when you just 'click' with a horse? She was the one that I 'clicked' with and she was pretty much my perfect horse in every way. Alas, I havent got the time for a 'proper' competition horse (due to vet school, hence I am sticking to babies) and even if I had the time I couldnt afford her now anyway... sigh...

jack9

Visit site
i just want a irish mare/ tb and a coloured cob :D

im getting one out of those choices in 2 years anyhow :D

monkeybum13

Visit site
If I had the time, space and money I would love to get another Lacey. We bought her as a 4year old and I really enjoy brining young horses on.
I'd also like to get a rescue type horse, not necessarily to ride, but if I had the space I'd like to give a nice, loving home to a horse/pony that hasn't had the love and attention before.

gemin1eye

Visit site
I'd love to have a smallish shire horse as my very own. If I couldn't have one of those, I rather think I would like a registered ID.

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Ooh, good answers. Maybe we should all be buying Euromillions tickets? :D I hope that we can all get the horse or pony of our dreams at some point (though I do love my girl to bits and hopefully with work she will morph into dream horse.... though I can't get her to lose about 8 inches in height to fit in with my new desires. :p ).

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
a Bonnyboo baby.

Bonny was a mare i used to love/ride/drive/care for but was sold to a stud after her locking stife meant she couldnt be ridden/driven anymore, they have a lovley yearling filly from her & have just this week had a colt foal from her too & i am really hoping i can afford him when he comes up for sale at weaning.

cindars

Visit site
A welsh cob one of the old fashioned type having just (yesterday) watched this class at Hickstead know now why so many of my friends have them just gorgeous would go so well with my arab mare.:D

Little_Miss_1

Visit site
A welsh cob one of the old fashioned type having just (yesterday) watched this class at Hickstead know now why so many of my friends have them just gorgeous would go so well with my arab mare.:D

Ohhhh, yes, I love a bit of Welsh too. The people who live just down the road from us breed them and I walk past them and am always so tempted to buy a baby (or 3!) off of them each year!

But who ever suggested it was right.... I need euromillions first...

DanielleAngel

teatimewithangel.blgospot.com
Something different :)

There's 4 horses that I have the time and space for, just not the money to find them or buy them lol.

Number 1: A 14.2hh trait Comtois stallion.
Number 2: An AQH Buckskin Overo Stallion with two blue eyes, 14.2hh and a blaze.
Number 3: A 13.2hh Grey Gypsy Vanner mare with two blue eyes.
Number 4: A 15hh Schwarzwälder Kaltblut stallion with normal brown eyes.

FlorenceBassey

Visit site
That dun filly in Carmarthenshire >>>>>>>>>
is exactly my type, Then in 5 or so years i'd put her to either a elsh d or Connemara stallion and hopefully breed myself a nice little foaly to keep and compete with.

Katie

Visit site
A bay showjumper, about 14.2-3 hh, with a small star and 2 back socks who can jump very high, who can go fast in a jump off and just geberally be perfect! But forward going and puts in an occasional spook, not massive great bucks or rears though!

I would have no where to keep any horse though, unless it was on livery

NeilM

Visit site
When I win the Euromillions :)D) I shall buy myself a nice Polish Arab, around 15.2hh and a Chestnut gelding TB / ex-racer; and being a generous sort, I have promised the OH a Suffolk Punch, because she thinks they are wonderful.

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Well i've already got 6 horses so if i had more time, more space and more money i'd not necessarily want anymore. However if i was to win the lottery and could afford full time staff then i would definitely buy some more horses. One day though im going to buy myself a LW show cob to add to the group, but for the forseeable future i'm more than happy with the ones i've got and wouldn't swap them for the world!!

blitznbobs

Visit site
I've just bought him (well if he passes the vet) *Smug Smile*

What would I have if I had limitless time and money...?

I'd have a pretty eventer (grey), a show hunter Chestnut and seriously good, a dappled grey show cob, a hanovarian for dressage, a welsh sec D stallion Black. White star. (preferably Llanarth blood lines),my big hairy, my big old fella, and about 150 rescue ponies that I'd saved from the meat man at auctions all over the country.

I guess I'm just greedy (But perfectly content with what I've got if I'm totally honest!:D

Blitz

Snickers

Visit site
Ohh, I'm looking for a horse for myself at the moment, but I have to get something realistic, that is young enough for me to sell on easily in a few years, that is sensible, cheapish, and not too good for me :p But this means that I've been browsing all the sale websites, and have seen some definate WANTS xp If only I had the money and ability, I've got the time ;)

These two just because they're sooo pretty (can you tell I like spotties? :p)

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/9_yrs_15_3_hh_appaloosa_appaloosa_horse_west_yorkshire/100090

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/3_yrs_2_mths_15_1_hh_appaloosa_other_kent/104425

And this chappy, because I wish I had a proper high class dressage ponio xp

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/14_yrs_11_mths_16_2_hh_dark_bay_kwpn_leicestershire/103875

TheoryX1

Visit site
I know this sounds so soft, but I really do own my perfect horse. He suits me down to the ground, we are total soul mates and I know I will never find his like again. Only thing I would change is his age, 17, so we could have more time.

However, if money was no object, and we win the lottery tonight, it will be a 16hh dapple grey ID. Dream on .......

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
It's lovely to hear that some of you have your dream horse, I do hope Belle will become mine with work and time. :)

If I win the Euromillions, I think Knabstruppers are pretty awesome so wouldn't mind one of those. :p Snickers, the Appy in that first link is DIVINE. I defo would buy a pony like in my original post though, she may not be the stuff dreams are made of for some but I long to have a fun little pony for adventuring on.

Oh and blitznbobs, if I was really rich then I'd also like to rescue a whole herd of horses and have them live happily ever after, hehe.

GemBav

Visit site
I would buy my boy Ivan all over again :). He is great and exactly what I was looking for and was lucky to get him a couple of months ago x