If you read this it will change your life....

dieseldog

Visit site
This is taken from the introduction of a book that has somehow ended up in our house. Please be careful reading this as it might change your life....

'I want to let you know that this book is going to blow your mind, it will change your life. This may sound ridiculous, but the fact is that after reading this book and applying techniques it reveals, you will be able to walk thru the door of any secret underground left ring radical group in the world and they will accept you as a member, on the spot, no questions asked. You will gladly accept becoming a fanatical member of the lunatic fringe. You'll willingly agree to cut off all personal contact with family and friends as they no longer share your dream... All others become outsiders, non-believers and cannot be trusted. You are a rebel and as such risk all to achieve your goal'

So is this the introduction to 101 ways to join Al-quaidea (sp)? Left wing marxism for beginers?

No, its a book on barefoot trimming!!!!!!

Weezy

Visit site
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

I dont actually know what to say!

dieseldog

Visit site
If you did read the book you'll learn how to deal with DHS - deformed Hoof Syndrome, how to treat Navicular and laminitis. And obviuosly how to do the High Performance Trim - HPT.

The books called The Chosen road, achieving high performance through applied equine podiatry

RachelB

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Does this book suggest one can trim one's horse and solve all its foot/lameness/laminitis problems oneself?

[/ QUOTE ]
And all from looking in a BOOK???
shocked.gif
eek!
shocked.gif

S_N

Visit site
Ahhhh that would be K.C. la Pierre's book, yes? It certainly invites some interesting techniques/views etc... Having read it - twice now - and also studied other text on more conventional foot trimming methods, as well as other radical ones, IMO he is on to something. I can't remember the name of the horse, but I do know that Lucinda McAlpine has a horse, that is an ex-hunter and was basically a cripple and with using the HPT she is out competing on this horse - I think at Medium level, but am happy to be corrected. He's a gorgeous bay, I saw him and spoke to her at the Cornish Dressage Festival.

What I like about this method, is that it's not about NEVER putting shoes on you horses feet, but about properly ballancing the WHOLE hoof - whether to foot is to receive a shoe or not!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Be afraid of barefoot or be afraid of farriers?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, just be afraid of the weird book
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should read the book before making such statements!!

nelgonde

Visit site
The guy's American... what can more you say. They're a bit like that.

We've been having one of his trimmers on our yard for the last 2 years. He's excellent - does Simon Earle's yard too.

I think you've gotta look at the facts (and the science) behind it. His trimming is one of the good ones. Unlike Dr Strasser.

And TBH, the book really is just an introduction. Then there's the DVDs and the courses.... see link in my sig for more.

Apologies if this has turned into an advert
crazy.gif
smirk.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I probably should but I'm just going by the opening paragraph posted on here by dieseldog which sounds a bit too 'brainwashy' for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? It made me curious - infact as I have already said in this thread, it made me curious enough to read the book TWICE and others on the subject of farriery. I obviously have a more open and enquiring mind than some. I do not consider this to be tree huggery BTW - nor do I think I have double standards on that front. Horses were not designed to wear shoes, esp ones that make them bear their weight on the outer rim of the foot!! After all, the horses natural weight bearing area of the hoof is the sole. If you (anyone reading this that is) can get you hands on a copy of the book, I thoroughly recommend reading it - you will probably learn something! Even if you do not change the way you think about the shoeing and trimming. You will find it easy to read and very informative, esp. with regards to the design and function of the foot.

FTR, my horse wears front shoes.

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
fair enough, if I ever see a copy I will read it
grin.gif

I'm sure the book is very informative and interesting, but I just cannot stand all the 'bullshitty' speak like that! Come on it did sound a bit like joining the moonies didn't it??!

I am a bit of a natural balance fan tho...

My horse only wears front shoes too!