if you use credit cards on ebay WARNING !

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I sometimes buy or sell stuff and have a paypal account.
earlier today I logged in to pay for something and found my name kept appearing instead of my email address plus the password appeared saved when I never ever save them.
I ignored it and logged off and set off to get diesel.
My credit card was rejected at the garage so I rang them to discover they had blocked it due to someone attempting to use it last night to a known address to them for fraudsters. it was for just a £1 but their next step the cc bloke says would be to delete two grand from my card later today...
Now I'm not sure if it came via ebay but will contact them in a minute to see if they can do anything, but do beware.
our plan now is to get a spare card with a limit of say £500 and keep that purely for internet buying, so no-one can access massive amounts of cash.
Has this happened to you?

miamibear

Visit site
I havent had this happen to me, but it is scary and my friend had it happen to her!!

I use an account that has max of £100 in it and then i top it up when i need something, that way they cant get much if it does happen to me!!

_jetset_

Visit site
That happened to me too... had an email requesting varification but I thought it was a fraudulent email... then found out someone with a foreign IP address was trying to log into my account!

Just make sure you all log in from the actual paypal website. I think they got my details when I logged in via an email message that I am now assuming was not a real paypal email!

Halfpass

Visit site
I used paypal yestersay to place an advert then a few hours later got a message from paypal asking me to verify my account. I started to do it but when it then asked me to put in my credit card number i go suspicious so went no further. Do you think that this email was not from paypal then? oooeer must check my credit card statement.
confused.gif

allijudd

Visit site
My account was verified about 3 years ago, and I got this e-mkail asking for validation, I forwarded it to the spoof e-mail dept. If it is a genuine one, they will contact you and say its genuine.

horsegirl

Visit site
Never ever log in to Paypal or Ebay from an email you receive. You can tell when you click on the email link that it is wrong as the address will not be ebay.co.uk and the emails are always from funny looking addresses or addressed to loads of people. There are a lot going round at the moment,one I have had a few times is supposed to be from someone who has paid you but not received it so you are supposed to log in to check as you won't recognise the name. I suppose it might work on people who sell a lot of things.

spooks

Visit site
always check who the email is addressed to as fraudsters etc will adress it dear paypal/ebay user as they dont have a clue what your name is..genuine emails from paypal etc will address you by name.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Its simple to check if you have a problem with either your ebay or pay pal account. Just log onto their sites - do not EVER follow any links in email.

katiejaye

Visit site
never had any internet fraud as I'm very wary of it but I got done at a cash machine once. Someone had put a device into the machine that took my card (so I thought the machine had taken it) and it was late at night so I thought i'll sort it out with the bank in the morning...silly me! Went to get card back only to be told the machine didn't have it! Called my bank and someone had whiped my card clean (about £800...all my student loan and overdraft) and used it at some dog track in South London...luckily my card insurance payed out but it just pi*sed me off that someone took my money...I hope they lost it all at the dog track!

Vix1978

Visit site
I've had a couple of spoof mails in the past couple of days stating that I owe payment of over £200 to someone, and there is a link you can click on if you dispute this amount. Needless to say they went straight off to the spoof mail dept at PayPal. I also had some chancer hijack my eBay account the other week and try to flog mobiles to Nigeria. there seems to be a bit of a spate going around at the moment. I've never had any issues with eBay prior to this....