Ifor Will ams Tack Packs

hairycob

Visit site
Now we have a dog who occupies the boot space we are having to put tack etc on the back seat & take a 2
car for the 3rd human. I was wondering whether the tacks packs are worth having.

PonyclubmumZ

Visit site
Following; I am having the same thoughts. I also wonder how much space you lose in the trailer and if the horses manage ok.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I have one in my 511. There's plenty of room for it in there. I would say it's fine for one saddle, a bit annoying for two and impossible if they are both 17.5" really.

HelenS

Visit site
I bought one with my 510 about 11 years ago. Rarely use it and it's now stored in the garage. It didn't take up much room in the trailer, but moving it in and out was a bit of a faff, but the main reason was that it was too tight for my large knee-rolled dressage saddle. I only carry one horse but I think it would be a real struggle if you tried to get two large saddle plus bridles etc. in it.

Can you borrow one of somebody to try before you invest in one?

Mahoganybay

Visit site
I have one in the front of my Ifor 510! Does fit two saddles & two bridles in! Bit of a squeeze but doable! I put boots in the top box ( which I think is meant for feed), along with brushes, fly spray etc.

I travel my big lad without partitions (full length breast & breeches bars) and there is plenty of room! I tie it up at the front with a bungee & when unloading I just move slightly towards the jockey door & my horse can unload past it!

I find it very useful!

asommerville

Visit site
I love mine, had no probs getting tack in and horse has loads Of room still. I heard something about people oer loading the ones that go on the door of the trailer and them coming off in transit!!!!

Shay

Visit site
We've tried both versions over the years and I'm afraid got on with neither. Although we ride ponies both the door mount and the removable ones were too tight for 2 saddles (16" and 17.5"). A lovely Pessoa jump saddle would not fit at all as it was too forward cut. The removable ones really limit the space in the nose area of the trailer (A 501) which makes maneuvering in there too tight with 2 ponies, haynets and a bite grill in place. Plus at shows they so sort of scream "I've got tack in me...Nick me..." The door mount one was slightly better both in terms of space and less steal-ability - but was too small for any forward cut saddles and I've seen them literally rip the door of the hinges when full.

hairycob

Visit site
I don't know anyone with one I could borrow to try. I get the impression that people either love or hate them & it seems the same here. Will probably stick with 2 cars & trying to win the lottery.

tinafletcher1

Visit site
hi.we have one. use it when travelling 2 horses for all the tack , but other stuff, buckets, grooming stuff etc has to go in back of towing vehical. when only traveling one, all goes in trailer as we keep partition in.