Ifor williams Classic

rema

Visit site
I am thinking about selling my 5 year old 510 and getting a new Classic or the Epona model.Do any of you guys have these models??.Are they as good as they look??.Failing that i could go for the Equi Trek.Which is the better trailer!!.Thankyou.
grin.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
dont mean to sound off but i dont like the new silver classic. Although you can tell they are new they look old. Thats my opinion.
Ive got an Equitrek (show trekka) - love it. Go for the equitrek they out weigh the Ifor for value id say.

rema

Visit site
You are not sounding off i value people's opinions
grin.gif

I had a mooch round the Equi Trek's a badders and to be honest i loved the look of them!!.But the new are abit out of my price range (unless i speak very nicely to hubby).I like the look of the Classic but my only niggle is that they have started to look abit flimsy!!.

_daisy_

Visit site
thanks - im glad you took it the way it was meant.
i have to agree with you Rema on the flimsy thing. Ive been talking about Ifors and Equitreks to my friend tonight.
the classics do look nice (but only in black) however i think for the amount that they are (£4500) i would prefer to spend the bit extra and get more for your money. the basic Space trekka is only a little bit more at £5200. You could get a discount though if you went to a dealer.
Was also discussing the amount of noise that the ifors make - rattling top doors etc. The Equitrek doesnt have that as its fibre glass.
My horses seem hapier to travel in the Equitrek rather than the 510 we had.

rema

Visit site
Ah not a great deal of differance then!!.If i had the Classic it would have to be black.A new trailer is my hubby's idea.he wants the landy to go and be resprayed black and wants a matching trialer.HOW CHAV IS THAT
grin.gif
.But if i get a new trailer out of it im not going to complian
wink.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
The Epona is very nice I have to say (had a snoop at one when my cousin bought a new Ifor the other week!) and you'd definitely have a different trailer to everyone else. The only thing that would put me off would be the horse graphic on the side (at least I think it was on the Epona!) - it isn't even that noticable and loads of people will like it but me being the boring arse that I am I don't lol!
grin.gif

The classic is a fab trailer too - the windows in it are different I think and the wheel trims - it is absolutely gorgeous in black (and guess which colour my cousin bought
wink.gif
) and they are a neat trailer and so easy and functional to do things with
smile.gif

But I think whichever you go for will be good! I like them both, and with the Epona it is the classic + extra features so you might as well spoil yourself and get the fancy one!
grin.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
get him to pay the little bit extra and get an equitrek - they come as white as standard but you could always have it resprayed black to match!!
Ive got a black disco and my trailer is white - i think it looks ok.
have a look at equitreks website and have a look at the different models/prices etc.
http://www.equitrek.co.uk/
ive got the L show trekka with a few extras - total cost £8407. me and mum talked about getting a rice or richardson but she thought that as we had sold the wagon she would spend that little bit extra on the trailer rather than having to upgrade in a year or sos time.(thank you mum)

vivhewe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

the classics do look nice (but only in black) however i think for the amount that they are (£4500) i would prefer to spend the bit extra and get more for your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fookin hell I didn't know they were that much!
blush.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

druid

Visit site
I love our IW Classic, the only difference between it and the Eona is the graphics, bars on the windows and the aluminium wheels

Louby

Visit site
Dare I say.... dont all shout at me at once please LOL but I dont like the Equitrek. I think the insides are great and everyone who has one thinks they are great too but they just look so unstable. One is parked next to my Ifor at the mo, its the smaller version and its much higher than my IW505. Had to check it out and they seem much higher off the ground although the wheels seem so small in comparison to the trailer. Woman who comes for lessons has one and when her horse is in it the wheel seems to dissapear into the wheelarch with hardly any clearance at all.
Looking at all your responces though Im definately in the minority, infact the only one who has said anything negative about them. Better shut up hadnt I, LOL.

_daisy_

Visit site
Louby - dont be silly - we all have our opinions and why shouldnt you give yours. When you look at mine compared to my friends 505 it absolutely swamps it however i have the L size. Yes they look huge, but they are really stable. They are built over the wheels whereas the Ifors are built inside of them. This supposedly makes them a more comfier ride and not as much bounce as some trailers give to the ride.
I wouldnt go back to an Ifor after having an Equitrek

Louby

Visit site
Phew!!!! thank you.
Def agree about the bumpy ride, was at a competition once and the wind was awful so my friend moved my trailer 50 yrds or so to get a bit of shelter from a wagon whilst I was in it (naughty I know) and god knows how horses keep there balance in them, it was awful.

Claireg9

Visit site
I quite like them, but i think there overpriced, i picked up a trailer with more stuff on it in the living than the 5 star and its bigger, the only down side is its a rear unload only. £2995!
I can live with reversing my horse out for the sake of over £10,000 and extras!
smile.gif

Keep looking you might find a bargain like i did!

TURBOBERT

Visit site
I have just bought the Ifor Williams 510 Classic in Silver and it is fabulous. I have previously owned the basis 505 and they are in a different league. The front jockey door is much better - it opens the 'right' way and stays open! The windows in the front make the trailer much more pleasant for the horses and the Silver paintwork is greatly admired. Go for it - nothing holds its value as well as an Ifor Williams (I should be one commission!)