Ifor Williams Trailers or rear facing trailer??

HopOnTrot

Visit site
Can anyone tell me about the new 506 and 511 please? I'm looking to buy a trailer in the new year and one of our ponies (13.2hh) hates the 505 but travels much better in the 510. She's never been in either of the new models but travels okay rear facing in a lorry so is there a rear facing option I could look at? We would currently only be transporting two 13.2hh ponies.

Also, do trailer retailers sell them on finance like cars? My husband is still in "PC Dad Denial".

Thank you

Sealine

Visit site
I have a 2008 511 which I've not had any problems with. I'm not aware of a rear facing version from Ifor Williams or any other manufacturers. GT Towing is my local Ifor Williams dealership and it appears they do offer finance.
https://gttowing.co.uk/trailer-finance-page-194/

ETA - Had a quick google and Equitrek and Richardson do rear facing trailers.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I dont think IW do any rear facing but they do a herringbone one, i think the european makes like Fautras/cheval liberte may be a better bet to look at for r/f or Im sure the Richardsson supreme treble can travel two rear facing... trying to think back...

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have a cheval Liberte which is herringbone and love it. Had it for a mare who was a tricky traveller and could not cope with straight and front facing.
TBH i probably will never go back to Ifor again having had one pretty much my whole life. You can get smaller Fautras herringbones which is the Oblic 2 I think but that wouldn't take monster horses so hence I got a mini max which will take 3 under 15.2hh and 2 monster horses.

fairyclare

Visit site
I have a cheval Liberte which is herringbone and love it. Had it for a mare who was a tricky traveller and could not cope with straight and front facing.
TBH i probably will never go back to Ifor again having had one pretty much my whole life. You can get smaller Fautras herringbones which is the Oblic 2 I think but that wouldn't take monster horses so hence I got a mini max which will take 3 under 15.2hh and 2 monster horses.

I am just in the process of buying the same trailer, my mare will not travel forward facing at all.

I would discount IW entirely OP, the French trailers give a much nicer ride too!

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I love an Ifor, and personally wouldn’t opt for anything else, but they don’t do a rear facing I believe. My friend swears by Equitrek. I think Cheval Liberte look nice but seem abit flimsy