IJoy Ride?

merlins-mum

community.webshots.com
I had a bad fall a month ago and have ruptured my Achilles’ tendon. It’s a bad tear so they are operating on it next week.
Long story short, I’m not going to be riding again until the new year and then it’ll have to be phased in with physio.

I’m wondering if buying one of those ijoy riding machines might help over the next few months to help keep my core strength going as I’m not able to leave the house or move around other than with a wheelchair or (sometime!) crutches. I’m worried that by the time I can ride again I’ll be so unfit that I’ll just be a liability on a horse!

Has anyone got one and could comment on whether this might be a reasonable approach?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I did Pilates, cycling and swimming when I was without a horse for a year, but when I got back on I still felt quite weak. I bought an Ijoy ride and it was a lot more like riding a horse so I was more likely to stay core fit. It did then make a difference when I got back on, I felt a lot more stable.

I put a saddle on with stirrups, and keep it on the lowest setting as this is the only one like any horse I ride! I also close the curtains as it does look rather,,, unique!

only_me

Visit site
I’d be wary of some Pilates as it could potentially strain the tendon once fixed. The physio would be better advised on what activities to do, it’s so important to let it heal but maintain mobility correctly.

Can’t give any advice on ijoy but sounds like it could be useful!