I'm Alive

Weezy

Visit site
Yay! So took Boss hunting today and he was a good boy - I think it is safe to say he thoroughly enjoyed himself! Stood beautifully at checks and stopped with the rest of the field, but he WAS leapy in canter and so I ended up dropping the curb rein and riding off the bradoon which meant we had no brakes btu we were STILL a little leapy so going to try him in a waterford snaffe next time, tho I imagne we will end up in a plain snaffle LOL! Anyway, here are some stills and there is a vid in the gallery!

events254_0002.jpg

events254_0001.jpg

events235.jpg

events237.jpg

BIG huge thanks to Boss human again for letting me have him, he IS adorable and so many thanks to her for helping me bath and get him ready - he WAS filty!!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
How fab - Am so glad he was well behaved as that means you get to go again!

Patches

Visit site
Well done Louise. So thrilled you both had a good day. Pictures look lovely. Your legs really are never ending aren't they?
grin.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Thanks guys - he is going out again in a fortnight - I WILL crack his leaping even if it means riding in a parelli halter
tongue.gif
Looking at the vid I look tense in my shoulders and wrists so will watch that too - We werent out overly long as the field went to our hacking ground and I didnt want him totally fizzing over knowing where he was - quite glad I did that as Boss Human and I watched the field and they did not a lot but stand around then it started to rain LOL!!

DD I am wth the Old Berks

Weezy

Visit site
Hehe THanks! Those are the shortest my leathers go - I have NEVER had them so short before, but I will be adding holes as could have done with a tad higher for hunting (I jump him with them down 3 from there
blush.gif
)

vivhewe

Visit site
Sounds like a fab day hun, and his face is such a picture
smile.gif
and I think your grin says it all too!
grin.gif

So when's your next party with him then? We want pictures
tongue.gif

filly190

Visit site
Glad you were both a success and I'm sure you will keep going down in bit and find some brakes. I noticed you have a red ribbon on the tail. I wondered if you got a little more space and respect with using the ribbon and for what reasons you wore it. I ask because I have a mare that is likely to kick and for that reason I havent hunted her.

Patches

Visit site
I'm not sure I'd be able to reach them at three holes lower!

All this muck on our farm and I STILL don't grow! (well I get wider but that's not what I had in mind!)

Thrilled you had a good day though. I remember the dressage video of Boss and thought he looked a sharp ride, to say the least. Was a little worried you may have had no brakes, especially after your early tongue in cheek post about who has your horses when you've "gone"!

I can breathe easily again now!

Weezy

Visit site
He had a red ribbon because he "can" kick, especially apparently if horses come up on his right so its precautionary - however he didnt even threaten today but I stayed at the back and stayed out of everyones way (hence why it looks as tho I am alone at the meet LOL) There were only about ummmm 30? out so it wasnt a big field

Weezy

Visit site
Awwwww yeah safe and sound!

He IS VERY sharp when he wants to be - first canter today he was leaping like a stag and very nearly had me off as I had hold of him - thing with him is to not hold the front end too much BUT its all you can do sometimes to stop him buggering off, so its a real task to learn a happy medium, hence why I dropped the curb rein in the end - next time we will be in something different! What he REALLY needs is a good long run - we were stop/start today and that doesnt suit him as I couldnt push him forward - ah well, all a learning curve!

SSM

Visit site
Girl stop worrying about your shoulders and wrists!!!!!!!!

You stayed on and had a fantastic time - that is all that matters!!

How do we know you enjoyed it? You've already put the photo in your sig!!!!!!!!!!

Tia

Visit site
OMG!! He looks fantastic! He looks like a little bomb about to explode! LOL!!

You look amazingly excited and happy so I am off down to the gallery in a minute to fully experience your joy!!
laugh.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
You and Boss look great together!! (very envious of your lower leg position BTW!)And those are fab photos what a hunky little man he is.

Weezy

Visit site
Thanks guys! I was actually thinking that many people would say "You are too big on him" - I certainly look bigger on him than I feel!

Thanks Forrest - not sure you would say that when he was leaping around - my legs were jammed forward hehe (and I really MUST start doing some ankle exercises to get them to DROP! Only been a year and a half since Mary Wanless told me too
blush.gif
)