I'm blumming RAGING!!!

SusieJane

Visit site
As I've posted on here before, I have a livery who pays nothing, gets her hay for nothing as I helped her out when she was unwell ~ she's much better now (in mind & pocket)

Anyhooo, I do the morning & evening feeds, we muck our own stables out, and turn out our own (occasionally each others if we're really stuck for time).
And we alternate bringing in and finishing off ~ last night was her turn

I've gone down the yard this morning... and my horse is still in her turn out rug!
Her legs aren't bandaged either ~ she looks like she was just slung in and forgotten.
Her horse is done up to the nines!

I'm f*cking raging... RANT OVER, apologies xx

fizz-tally

Visit site
oh dear, thats not good,the turn out wouldnt bother me cos mine are stabled with them on but if she needs legs done then i would not be happy
mad.gif

Tempi

Visit site
i would certainly be angry, however one night with no bandages on wont do much harm and at least she had a rug on!! you need to look at the positive side aswell. As long as she had adequete food and water aswell then it shouldnt have done her much harm.

I can see why you were angry tho, and i would be aswell.

SusanFlynn

Visit site
I dont change rugs for many reasons..
One they dry on the horse far quicker
Two you dont change out of warm rug and have your horse be warm and snug one minute and next freezing themselves to death
Three, Your dont put a cold damp rug back on your horse
Four and that is twice a day they go through this.!!

In this day and age rugs are breathable and they get messed up in the field and the stable so what does it matter.

Legs wraps can cause over heating which brings about more problems then it stops better to insulate the base of the door of the stable and so not have draughts.

But of course this is what you choose to do and not my right to say dont do it but you can think you can change it another way and also make life easier for you.

Yes she didnt do as you would have liked but in the scheme of things your horse was in ( I thought you were going to say he was left out)
Yes you can get angry but if you consider more that is right all round is better then worse its not too much of an issue.
If it is the otherway round then change what you do for yourself and then not have to rely on them.

I left my horse to be covered by another livery once who actually offered to bring him in for me as I was away. he was reminded in the morning of that day.
The next morning when my son arrived to turn him out, he hadnt been brought in and it was late November and YO also knew and did nothing either! My horse was out when normally in and on his own. He lived and it was an accident by the guy helping me and he was so very upset at what he had not done.

the watcher

Visit site
If you are raging then it is probably best you don't speak to her until you have cooled down a bit! In the big scheme of things, a night in wearing a turnout rug is not the end of the world - mine live in mine 24/7 during the week and are fine. The bandages are a different issue if your horse really needs them, although I imagine at this time of year they must generate a lot of work as you would have to wait for the legs to dry off before you apply thiem?

Maybe you just need to remind her that the heavily discounted livery arrangement comes with some conditions..or change the arrangement.

jayvee

Visit site
That would give me the hump! I mean if someone was willing to do this and to YOUR requirements then it should be done. paid, un-paid or a favor. It's an arrangement and should be stuck to.

Salcey

Visit site
Have to say, thats happened to me before, AND the said person forgot to hang mine a haynet up. It wasn't till the morning when we were mucking out, I asked where it was and she said 'opps' must have forgot!!!!!
I have to say we don't do livery together anymore!!!!