I'm excited!! (but very sad!)

StrawberryFish

Visit site
Found some old proofs of me eventing my boy that is now on loan (XC and SJ pics) that I couldn't afford to get pics from at the time.
I got upset because these are the only nice pics of him that I have from when I had him.
So on a whim - I emailed the photographer. Bearing in mind the pics were from April 05 I didn't hold out much hope - but she has just emailed me back saying its no probs - if it was on film she has kept them, but she also keeps all of her digital pics if they were digital!!
Am just putting the cheque in an envelope!
Am so excited to have some nice framed photos of him.
It has made my day really!
How sad is that!!

_daisy_

Visit site
not sad at all. I think its nice to have memories via photos. Its nice to be able to look at them and think of the good times you had with them. I found some old proofs and was thinking the same thing as you. Maybe I should get in touch with the photographer about them

StrawberryFish

Visit site
Definitely worth a shot.
I wasn't going to, but thought what the hell
(that's why I emailed and didn;t ring - didn't want to get laughed at!)
It seems like they keep them a while (I suppose there are always people like me!)

StrawberryFish

Visit site
lol - good point
smile.gif

Still worth a try though - the photographer I talked too hasn't thrown any of her professional proofs away.
(not sure how long she has been in business though or how 'big' she is - if you know what I mean!)

StrawberryFish

Visit site
will do! The XC one is very very funny - as he is 3/4 blind - he can't see width, and the pic was taken at a log pile type fence that was wide - I had to gallop him at it to get to width and he decided to put a stride in when I didn't expect it! My face is hilarious!!

StrawberryFish

Visit site
He was such a good boy that day - only had one down in the Sj - didn't do great in the dressage as it was on grass, it has been raining and I had no studs. We had loads of refusals in the XC - but only at fences he couldn't see - i'e the sunken road freaked him out!

LOl - the last fence was 2 big steps, he was pulling like a train up to it, which isn't like him and I managed to slow him down to a perfect canter, with plenty of impulsion. He refused so I span him round and did it again, this time he launched himself at it. Only then did I realise he couldn't see the step in the middle and probably thought he had to jump the lot!! No wonder he wasnted to gallop at it! I was sooo proud of him - he was willing to give it a go even though he couldn't see it.
He got sooo many treats after that day - his first ever show after loosing his sight and the first time he had jumped XC since losing his sight - plus the first time I had jumped XC on him! I just thought I would give it a go and pull out if he wasn't happy! It was at Milton Keynes so even though we weren't jumping the big fences, some of them weren't small for our first one together!

Sorry for long random post - seeing these proofs have brought back the memories!!
I was (and still am) sooooo proud of him for that day!!!