I'm going to be a Granny!

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Got the good news today from the stud - my mare is in foal. Yay! It'll be my very first, though it'll be the mare's sixth.

Any advice on bringing her home from the stud - do I wait a week or so (she was last covered on May 6th). At home she's normally turned out with one of my geldings - is this a bad idea with being newly in foal? Anything else I should avoid doing with her?

LynneB

Visit site
if me I would probably leave her there just a bit...congratulations!!! It's so exciting, long wait til the end, but great when you get that news!

_jetset_

Visit site
How exciting... I am so pleased for you!

If you have a vets package with the stud, then I would leave her there until the 28 day scan when they identify a heart beat, unless of course you can travel her up there for this
smile.gif

So, when is she due?

I didn't even know you had a mare... I thought you had your two gorgeous boys???

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Thanks Becki
grin.gif
. The mare is Ged's maternal half sister - so foalie will be his nephew and hopefully follow in his hoofsteps.

I've spoken to the stud owner who has suggested she like to leave her own mares who are away at stud for 40 days after their last covering - just to be on the safe side. So I've agreed to leave Shelley there for another couple of weeks. She was last covered on 6 May so I'll be having an April foal - if how I'm feeling now is anything to go by I'll be a nervous wreck next year!