I'm moving to Anglesey....

beh

Visit site
And was wondering if any people on here are from that area?

I'm posted to RAF Valley in December and am planning on bringing the horse with me, I have had a google for livery yards in the area, but they mostly seem to be riding schools and I'm not sure if that sort of livery is for us.

Does anyone know any nice yards in the area? Especially if there is accomodation to rent nearby? Or any tips on things to do and what the area is like for horsey people?

TracyO

New User
Visit site
Hi, There are a few yards it really depends on what you are looking for and how much time you will get to ride or need done for neddy. I run a small dressage yard and am a BD trainer so am in touch with the dressage related activities. For example we have a North Wales unaffiliated dressage championships that will finish at the end of April.

There are regular jumping competitions just over the bridge near llanberis and on Anglesey.

The A55 makes it quick to get around and certainly to RAF Valley so you dont have to be based slap bang near the airbase. Not sure what I'm allowed to post here as I 'inhabit' the British Dressage forum rather than H and H!! Only came across your post by chance as I was doing a google search on livery prices to compare mine!!! I can always put my email on if you want it and I am allowed!

LMJ

Visit site
Will wave to you as my Grandpa is in the next village Bodedern when I come up from sunny sussex. :D Lovely area. good luck with the move!

Sunflowers

Visit site
Try calling the equine vet practices, explain your situation and ask advice on yards? I used to work a bit on anglesey and they are very friendly :)

widget

Visit site
Hi I'm on Anglesey buts lucky enough to have own land. There's a few livery yards but depends what facilities etc you want on me : )