I'm not Bovered ...

Orangehorse

Visit site
Don't know if this should go in Dogs, but ....

Last night it was nearly dark when I finished horse, and I could hear my 10 month old Terrier barking furiously a little way away, so I went to investigate. There is a gap in the hedge and I could see her on one side of the hedge barking like mad, and sitting on the other side of the hedge, quite unpeturbed, was a fox. It simply "wasn't bovered" by this annoying little dog. Of course, when it saw me it fled across the field with dog in hot pursuit, but luckily she soon reaslied that she would never catch it and gave up, which was a good thing as it WAS dark by then and I didn't fancy wandering around the fields trying to find her.

As she is on constant fox and rat watch I wondered what she would do when she came face to face with a fox, and now we know. She barks.

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
That's one brave Fox! My old livery yard in Leics had high banks round it, used to get the foxes sat watching us ride under the floodlights, guess it was warm under the lights. They never used to flinch at dogs or horses.

LeannePip

Visit site
the yard i work and live on is riddled with foxes and they are so bold!! our fields back onto the beaufort hunting territory but they are not allowed to enter our farm so i suppose the foxes around here see it as a Haven!! we have the beaufort on one side and the warikshire (sp?) on the otherside! there are four regulars that we have named!! Felix always comes out into the bottom fields that our chalet over looks every lunchtime - he is obviously an awful hunter as he is always chasing stuff and we've never seen him catch anything he's had a few goes at our even bolder phesants but he always goes back to the wife empty paw'd as a result hes quite small and pale!! then there are ben and jerry who we usually see trotting up the lane together into the deer field - and billy because he's always on his own is usually around the top fields - the other day i followed him into our electric fence fields and he jumped through the gap in the two strand of electric through each of the four fields which all had horses in before trotting off in the direction of the yard!! we were also jumping in the out door once which is dug into the ground so doesn't have a fence and two - we suspect ben and jerry trotted across the bottom of the school!! its so interesting!!