I'm stressy, stressy, stressy, stressy!!!!

PinkFairy

Visit site
SO FED UP!! As you may know, I'm studying at college in horse care and am actually loving what I do, and the horses etc. However, there's just a certain few things really getting my flipping goat!
I made best friends with a fab girl - she was brilliant and I loved having a laugh with her, however after a while we had to start tacking up within a certain time and if we were late we were not allowed to ride. For the past two weeks I have not been allowed to ride due to not having hearing aids (which is fair enough - i dont mind) but as i have time to spare, I have been helping tack up just as i would if i was riding. The "new best friend" takes me for granted and arrives late, and "baby talks" me to try and get me to help tack her horse up. Which I obligingly do - shes my best friend I dont want her to be late. But the past week, she has told several people she hates the course, and would leave if it wasn't for her friends here - i don't think thats a good enough excuse for her to stay. Because she hates it ALL she is not making any effort in any area of the course - be it homework, assignments, class work, riding, duties she refuses to make any effort. She has done nothing but complain all these two weeks and she now turns up late for every riding lesson so its down to me to get her in the school on time. Last week she asked me to help her tack up - I was not in the mood to argue so i grabbed the tack and managed to do it in less than 10 minutes which i felt rather good about
smile.gif
but, she had half an hour to tack the horse up and she said it wasn't enough time! This week, I set up some jumps for the instructor with another girl who was due to ride in our lesson and she managed to tack up in time and get there early, but 10 minutes into the lesson "new best friend" wasnt there so i was told to go and help her. Off i went to find her just putting the saddle on the horses back *about 10 inches past her withers!* so moved saddle up and finished the horse and then went off to the lesson and she was told she was late - if it happened again she would miss out. Next day, again we were all waiting, I had tacked two horses up and my two class mates had also done two while "new best friend" had turned up late again, i was again told to go and help her, found her just tying the horse up!!! so had to help do it ALL and reminded her not to do the girth up as she had yet to put on the martingale. She came to the lesson 20 minutes late, martingale undone and flapping around, saying nobody had bothered to do the horse for her! Today she didnt bother turning up for her lesson saying she was ill however we saw her several times outside laughing with a boy which she spent the day with. She then didnt turn up for the riding lesson and then didnt turn up for duties and missed the duties last night using the excuse she was ill when we saw her all day with some boy having a laugh! I'm sorry for the rant I'm just starting to HATE college because I'm feeling homesick, i have to do everything for this girl and I'm trying to find out if theres a horse that needs excersising as i dont have money to loan etc..ARGGGGGH
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

WELL DONE FOR REACHING THE END
blush.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
i have! shes so different! Im doing better with this girl than "new best friend" (girl who im ranting about) and im getting to classes early or on time, am tacking up on time, and doing really well. But STILL the "new best friend" pesters me to help or if she is late, the tutors ask me to help her. She's told the tutors she doesnt want to be here but she still IS here...

Weezy

Visit site
Ditto Tia but I have to say - ummm tacking up takes me, tops and I do mean tops - 2 mins - I would question whether any of you should be tacking up unsupervised if it is taking that long - the tuition is obv pretty shite!

Jemayni

Visit site
Awww bless ya - Tia is right she don't really sound like miuch of a friend, she will just drag you down! You sound like you need to be around people more like yourself as it really doesn't pay to be round pessimistic people it'll just make you sad and ..well.. homesick

Natalie_H

Visit site
Keep your chin up! You will meet people like this in all walks of life & the only person that suffers is you if you let it. You have to learn to let it wash over you & get on with your own thing - i.e. finding a horse to ride. She is not much of a friend if she expects you to do all the graft for her. She clearly doesn't want to learn, & you helping her won't change that.

Try to look at the positive things you have achieved & have got going on & you will find that the other things don't matter. Don't let it get you down - concentrate on you.

PinkFairy

Visit site
well i've refused to help her and plan to talk to my tutor as I can't deal with feeling so down about not being home, as well as being her slave! Weezy - we are pretty competent at tacking up, i always take my time to check the tack before putting it on and then checking the fit - thats why it takes me so long. But she refuses to do it herself in half an hour - she behaves like she is spoilt. I've just heard she intends to buy herself a horse!!! I just can't deal with it all

PinkFairy

Visit site
I love the college, I love the horses, i don't mind doing duties, and i enjoy the riding. All in all, i'm happy. I'm not happy when all i become to her is a slave and the only time she wants to talk to me is when she wants something done. Yesterday for instance, she asked me to empty her wheelbarrow because she couldn't be bothered and then asked me to put the banks up or she would be late for a lesson i said "no im sorry - you HAVE to do it yourself i wont be around all the time and its up to you to make sure you're here to do it on time!"
she got stroppy and left with her horse, leaving the stable a mess and her wheelbarrow and tools everywhere.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have to say - ummm tacking up takes me, tops and I do mean tops - 2 mins - I would question whether any of you should be tacking up unsupervised if it is taking that long - the tuition is obv pretty shite!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know i go to a good college... and if your not perfect your sent back.. the time is spent to make him perfect... clean to the extrem and tacking up is done slowly rather then whipped on. Plus theres collecting and selecting the tack so 1/2 an hour to get him ready at college seems fine how ever at home yerh 5mins is more like it!! lol!!

I also have troubles with girls and people at college but im enjoying it and exceling for once so i just ignor it and get on with it! Selfish i know but i know other wise i'll regret letting some stupid friendship thing get in the way!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Not disputing half an hour for grooming and collecting tack and then putting tack on, however it sounded like it was taking 10 minutes just to put a saddle and bridle on which seems quite a long time to me!

PinkFairy

Visit site
well the half hour really is for skipping out, tidying the bed and outside of stable, quick brush over, pick out feet and then tack up.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Don't forget, tacking up takes us ages because we need to scrape off all of the crusty sweat marks off the horses because plenty of people don't bother to sponge them off properly.
I think you'll find that most college students are the same right across the board.
If you don't mind me asking what college are you at?

PinkFairy

Visit site
im at hadlow college which i truely love however i would wish to remain anoymous - i do actually confide a lot in this forum which i wouldn't tell people i actually know in my life.

Tia

Visit site
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
Then quickly remove where you are in post above!! Otherwise your anonymity will not last long on here!
wink.gif

TGM

Visit site
Not a lot of point in her doing that now as she has said in the past she is at Hadlow!

Hate to think how many of her fellow students and instructors could read her comments
blush.gif
!

Note to everyone - remember that thousands of people read these forums, not just the people who post on here. If you wouldn't want certain information published in a newspaper about you, then you don't want to post it here either!

PinkFairy

Visit site
well they actually dont mind me posting and i know as a fact none of my classmates post on here and i've never used names. So its fine.

TGM

Visit site
Well I actually know two people who work in the equine department of Hadlow College! So if I know people who probably know you, how many other people reading your comments may know people there and report your comments to them!?

Just food for thought ...

PinkFairy

Visit site
well im not posting bad things about the tutors - i get on really well with them, just some things about the "friendships" part is getting me down - nothing bad about the college i love my college

TGM

Visit site
Well that's OK just as long as you realise that it is likely that the things you post will eventually get back to the people you are ranting about.

Just I have seen so many people rant on here about similar things and then it comes back to haunt them ...

PinkFairy

Visit site
honestly, i am planning to talk to my tutor about it because its becoming a problem - its making me feel really low and i hate that. Her attitude is also making other members of the group feel a bit miffy as well. So yep i will talk to them, just wanted your views first. Like i said, i've never named names and i have never bad mouthed the college because i love it. The yard i attend OUTSIDE the college however
mad.gif
lol!

seza

Visit site
The longer you put up with this girl the worse it will get. Speak to a tutor and explain the situation. Be firm but polite to this girl and say no you can't at the moment help her. You do not have to make excuses and you have the right to a happy life at college without the hassle of this girl. It is always tough at first at college and there is generally some sorting out of the pecking order. Good luck and remeber it helps to talk.

4whitesocks

Visit site
TBH they'll suss her out anyway - if someone is not committed to the course it sounds to me like she'll get the old heave ho sooner or later - take care of yourslef & try to not worry about other people, find some like minded people to be mates with and let her dig her own grave.....

PinkFairy

Visit site
im actually friends with someone else now but the "new best friend" (girl im ranting about) has already said to the tutors that she would rather not be here but she IS still here because she says she wont leave her friends behind.

furryears - i'll hold you to that one day!
smile.gif

its just a shame our friendship had to go this way but at least im not still cleaning up after her.