Imprint sport glue on shoes

Foxfolly

Visit site
Has anyone used these yet?

I have seen them advertised in H&H & Eventing but wondered if anyone else has tried them. I am looking at the sport ones not the ones for laminitis!!

My farrier has no experience of them and is a bit sceptical as he's had issues with glue on shoes in the past! He wants to go down the filling route first before trying them! Which I am happy to do but it would be good to get some feedback on these too in case that doesn't work! I see my farrier weekly at the moment as his feet are so rubbish!!

dieseldog

Visit site
My farrier does them for laminitics. The laminitic ones are about £250 a pair fitted, not sure how much the sports ones are going to be.

Alibear

Visit site
I was talking to a lady at the weekend who's daughter has them on her SJ-er. Apparently work wonders and stay on really well, they have to be chipped off with a chisel (wasn't keen when I heard that bit!) but she was over the moon with them and totally different from previous glue on ones.
We have the laminitus ones on a pony at the yard and they certainly don't come off easily.

ihatework

Visit site
I really like the look of them and if I were richer it is something I would try on my older buy, as it is I can't justify the cost for him just to potter around the roads in.

I spoke directly to the guy that invented them just after they were launched and he was very helpful.

To buy just a pair of the shoes costs in the region of £40, then you need they various equipment and glue to fit them.

I would imagine you are looking at between £120-£150 a set

ernikins

Visit site
I am actually having these shoes fitted by my farrier this afternoon!! My farrier has done all the training and courses that they recommend and has fitted quite a few sets - I am hoping they could solve all my problems! So ask me tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes!!!

Alibear

Visit site
Yes they were saying i should try them on Atty until I pointed out Old Mac's are now 8 months old and cost me £95 total and trims are £20 a time.
grin.gif

Foxfolly

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am actually having these shoes fitted by my farrier this afternoon!! My farrier has done all the training and courses that they recommend and has fitted quite a few sets - I am hoping they could solve all my problems! So ask me tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh please let me know what you think of them...

I'd also be interested in knowing what probles you've had with your horses feet!

Also if you don't mind me asking how much is your farrier charging you?

ernikins

Visit site
They are expensive but I am only having them in front for the time being and at the moment my horse's feet are so brittle he is losing shoes and pulling foot off pretty much every ten days - so if these work and stay on then I think that it will obviously be better for his feet and cost me less money than having to get farrier out ever ten days and having to box rest him for a few days because he is sore each time he pulls them off!

Plus it is a constant worry that he will pull a shoe off a few days before a competition and be lame. Also - my horse is very sensitive to the nails and a massive wuss so ona regular basis if the nail is ever so slightly in the wrong place he goes hopping!!!

I thought they would be worth a try with him - but the price is making my eyes water a bit!!!!! But we all know that horses are sent to bankrupt us!!!!!

annunziata

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know how you get on my friend is having terrible touble with her horses feet and shoes!!

ernikins

Visit site
They are on and they do look odd - I think they look like little converse shoes - ha ha - keep joking that he has his nike air trainers on!!! I have loads of piccys but not sure how to post them on here so if you want me to send them pm me with an email address and I can send them over to you. He walked quite funny in them at first but haven't ridden with them yet - apparently they will take a few days to get used to!! Bless him - he was such a good boy!!

dany

Visit site
Ive just had these shoes put on, took about 3 hours on thursday.

My boy is huge and has rubbish feet. We had been using equicasts to strengthen them, but recently they have only been lasting 3 weeks max.

3 weeks ago, he finally had enough foot to go back to natural balance shoes, with a warning not to trot on hard ground, so still not ideal. They did stay on, but bacteria had got back in via the nail holes and started to break the very thin wall down again.

So..... on with the plastic shoes!!!

Thoughts being that the nails cant shear the hoof and loosen the shoe and that hopefully they will give him more stability.

Well, so far so good. He walked out fine in them, then had a brill lesson in them the following day and then to take it one step further....competed in them yesterday ;@)

He is already very confident in them, they may look a bit funny but im hoping they are the answer. Just need them to stay on for 6 weeks to make the money side viable.... is that too much to ask? lol!
grin.gif