in foal.......or not.........

lainy

Visit site
My twelve year old mare seems to be a reluctant breeder. She has her first foal at foot and has been at stud since June, but did not hold to service. She has just been scanned at 16 days, and twins were discovered, apparently a few inches apart. One was pinched. Does anyone have any experience of this procedure? The stud was positive, but I just feel.....no hope....is there anything i can do to give this remaining foetus a chance?
confused.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Did they suggest putting her on regumate? My mare is now successfully in foal after two ocassions of reabsorbtion. The stud put her on regumate, and all seems to be well so far.

Faithkat

Visit site
My mare conceived twins but it was one in each horn so crushing one was a straightforward procedure and she's just had her pregnancy confirmed for the covering certificate (she's 106 days!).
When there are two in one horn, it is trickier and there is more likelihood of losing the other one too. You might find this article helpful : http://www.equine-reproduction.com/articles/Twins.shtml

_jetset_

Visit site
Hi, my mare was found to be in foal to twins on her 14 day scan! They nipped one and rescanned her the following day to find she still had one!

She is now 150 days in foal, so I would not worry too much about the twins thing. I went through exactly the same thing when Han was found to have twins!

When is she being rescanned?

lainy

Visit site
thanks people. she is home now, and your replies wll help me k
eep hoping!!!!! she is having regumate, and will continue this