In hand showing - what does the handler wear?

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Spring and I are potentially off to a few shows in the next couple of weeks. I was thinking of doing some in hand classes then the pressure is off me slightly and I shouldn't get to nervous on our showing debut!
I am thinking of doing best condition (as a warm up - lol!) and then novice and riding club horse all in hand. So what do I wear? Obviously Springers will be plaited up and trimmed and groomed to within an inch of her life! But I don't want to let the side down.

Any tips welcome! Thanks.

JM7

Visit site
light coloured trousers...chino's or similar...as she has black legs....
either shirt/jacket/tie..or shirt/waistcoat/tie
gloves/leather show stick...black......
and hat...i normally wear a felt trilby

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Thanks Faye, we are hacking up to a local gymkhana on sunday to get a feel for how she will react, I may pop her round the clear round if she is behaving. Then off to a bigger show the week after if all goes well.

I am feeling quite excited now!
grin.gif

JM7

Visit site
i'm SOOOO pleased.

she is great, isn't she??

fingers crossed for you both, i'm so glad you had her......

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
I love her to pieces (I am very glad I bought her
wink.gif
) We are having a jumping lesson tonight which she loves and her flatwork is coming on so well. I very rarely use the chiffney anymore and she has a real fan club at the new yard - everyone talks about how well mannered she is! Lol!! She still has opinionated moments - but she wouldn't be Spring without them really!

JM7

Visit site
no, you're right...she has to say her piece now and again!!
tongue.gif

good news about the chiffney......i managed without most of the time, except THAT time of the month!!!!
mad.gif