in sane

ProperBo

Visit site
Should be a foal soon!! there must.

Went up last night and she was sweaty very hot and her sides were heaing. She was rolling and digging up her bed her vulva was swollen and when i put her tail bandage on (just in case!) she had a mild contraction.
checked her at 12 then 3 then 6 shes back to normal and NO FOAL!!!!!! am going insane now!!!

is this normal ???

mossy

Visit site
I can't offer you any advice i'm afraid, i'm in the same boat only my mare isn't showing all the signs you mare is, bet you thought it was well and truly on its way!! I can however sympathise with you over sleepless nights and wish you and your mare a healthy addition very soon. Good Luck.

ProperBo

Visit site
shes massive like so huge!! dunno really. she has some blood round her vulva?! think when its twins theres a discharge from dead one or something dunno.
did the milk test tonight and it said ner ner!! NOPE! but shes not and a bit sweaty and pawing at ground vulva up and usual.
shall i still go up even though milk test said no??
vulva looked redder!? think im dreaming things now lol

your a star - will text ya and let you know how i get on and you do same xx

KarynK

Visit site
What are you using to test the milk ? Has the milk changed colour and consistancy yet? Mine has a little discharge round her vulva bit was scanned with a single pregnancy when covered, I have never heard that said before?

She is not playing the game as the weather obviously is quite to her taste yet and making your mum sleep in the trailer and check on you regularly right through each night and work all day is hilarious!! I am so tuned in now that the minute she stops chewing I wake up! Shes chewing right now!

I have found that the test strips only give an indication to a point, I have never had a calcium reading above 250, even when foaling is imminent. I use them alongside a refractometer but will always watch once they hit 250ppm on the strips, it saves weeks of camping but it's not exact, once they hit that level it's usually within days but since mine foal out the weather can get in the way.

ProperBo

Visit site
im using pool strips that test PH and hardness. going on the PH not the hardness. Hetty wasnt scanned ect... and a discharge could mean a dead foal i guess but we felt the foal kicking.

gone up today to find loads of mucous coming out, or a "show". checked with vet and all seems ok so shes oit on field on a nice hot sunny day.