In total shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Some old friends of ours, who kinda 'play' at point-2-pointing (ie they have 2/3 runing) and always have a load of youngstock running around the place, which they usually take to the sales before they're broken.. have just bought a new broodmare! and i've just been told they payed £90k for it!! £90k for a broodmare!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Ok Ok Ok, i know they go for alot more than that, but to big time studs/breeders, not to your average nextdoor neighbour, who got funny about paying £2k for a pony for their neice!!
shocked.gif

samsaccount

Visit site
90k!!!! OMG do they have money to burn or something. Mind you, they may be funny about spending 2k on someone else, but sound perfectly happy spending 45 x that for themselves.

Lets just hope she is VERY fertile!!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
It's Very closely related to something Very smart.. i've just looked it up on 'racingpost', and either someone has been telling me porkies, or my neighbours have been 'had'.. it has been through the sales 3 times before, first time in 'oo making 27000gns, then in Feb '05 making just over 10000gns then the last time on the racingpost website was Jul '05 where it made 8500gns.
Could those prices of been for it as a racehorse, and now being so well related, it's price has gone up as a broodmare???

eventergirl87

Visit site
Blumming heck!!

mind you a friend of a friend brought a broodmare for like nothing .........

couple of her first foals then went and won group one races....... they sold the mare and the latest foal and make 10 grand short of a millon!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
It's out of the same mare as a 4yr old currently doing VERY well (this broodmare is now 12)..
Since it was last sold in summer '05 for 8000gns, one of its own offspring is also doing very well.. and it's in foal to 'Exit to Nowhere'
And they didn't pay £90k, but 100k euros!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Can you give us a hint on the mares name or the offspring?!! Am intrigued!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am too!! PLEASE pm me MDM!!

Tia

Visit site
Wow! We can but dream eh? I think I might have chosen to extend my house if I had that sort of money, LOL!!

S_N

Visit site
REALLY?? WOW!!! THAT is a good family, from what I remember - wish I could get to a proper pedigree!! Seattle Victory is a lovely, lovely mare!! WOW - small world eh!!

P.S. I know you don't mean SV herself. I'm not suprised at the price tbh! But then I became a bit blase about the price of TB's in the US esp. - I mean because I became overly familiar with TB's worth 6 and 7 figures, in my place of work, NOT becasue I could afford one myself!

Kelly1982

Visit site
How can they afford to pay that if they are just your average joe or have they got more money than sense??

Maybe its just a rumour, who would pay that for a broodmare even if you was rich!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
I now know what a good family it is.. and the price isn't out of this world for a good broodmare.. the shock what that 'they' payed it!!

They arn't your average Joe tho, they are lawyers! so ern more than a bob or two!!

But am still shocked that a horse like that has turned up in the field down the road! hehe

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I now know what a good family it is.. and the price isn't out of this world for a good broodmare.. the shock what that 'they' payed it!!

They arn't your average Joe tho, they are lawyers! so ern more than a bob or two!!

But am still shocked that a horse like that has turned up in the field down the road! hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - that I do fully understand!!!