Indoor driving report.

rara007

Visit site
Dressage-He warmed up calmly, which I was pleased with as at his last outing, back in July other carriages were terrifying. Went into the ring and we got turbo. Perhaps not helped by the fact father was shouting at friends just before we started
mad.gif
. He settled after the first move though. After the first extension he cantered round the corner- I obviously didn’t collect him enough. We didn't get much collection, but it was a start and other than the accidental canter he was perfect. We got 29.8 (70.2%)
grin.gif
. They split the scores into Precision and Paces, with different judges. He was 3rd of the whole day for Paces
smile.gif
, and 1st overall for my class.
grin.gif

Cones- Walked the course and it scared me
tongue.gif
. It seemed very tight compared to outdoor courses. Warming up he knew what he was doing, so had impulsion. We went in, clear through one, very sharp turn to 2, and the poor pony who hasn't done comes since July was confused about it. It was almost like he was saying you want ME, to balance around there. We managed to scrape though, leaving it up. The next few we a bit all over the place as he didn’t know what to do with himself, we got no. 4 down, then managed to get moving forwards and regain steering for the 2nd half, which we did clear. We were 2 second slower than the optimum time- the only way you don't get time faults is by arriving on the exact second. The total was 7- his best ever
smile.gif
. We won that out of our class too, and we were 2nd of the whole day
grin.gif
. My sister got clear, but had a fair few time faults.
Going into the obstacles I had 14 penalties in hand, which is allot, but less than going the wrong way and correcting your self, on only 14 seconds. It took me ages to lean the routes, but the 1st was nice and open, the second annoyingly tight. We were only allowed 5 mins warm up
crazy.gif
mad.gif
, but he went well in no. 1, not the fastest in my class but 2nd. In no. 2 he managed to keep going forwards although I wiped a post out, incurring 5 pens. I think the route I was trying is impossible, but I measured it to practise
smirk.gif
. Despite the one down we were fastest through it, even with the 5 added
smile.gif
Obstacle 3 - we were 2nd again, I expect my route was too flowing and long, and I got nervous with slightly extreme skidding
crazy.gif
. Obstacle 4 we took a different route, which confused him as he thought he knew where he was going, but we left it all up and were fastest through it.

We won
grin.gif
grin.gif
, with 24 pens. in hand. My first win of a 'proper' event.
Stills from the video in the PG.

I also collected a sheet from ridden dressage a few weeks ago, we came 6th out of 28, but comments included delights like inattentive and very tense
blush.gif