Indoor surfaces ??? ideas for which sort>

beaconhorse

Visit site
YO has agreed to to build and indoor school but is not sure what surface to put down. It needs to be one that won't get dusty when very dry but as cost is her main worry it needs to be cheap too. any ideas?

I had thought of plastic granuals but not sure if you have to have sand under it?

Rambo

Visit site
Softrack is good....a mixture of sand and rubber, but it does need to be kept moist (as do all surfaces I think). Martin Collins EcoTrack is good too. Neither will be cheap though
shocked.gif

aran

community.webshots.com
At Lucy_Springs yard they have just had a new indoor surface put down that is supposedly dust free as their stables surround it. I think its called eayride but i'm not sure - i'll have to check!

Oldred

Visit site
I used Springride rubber over the top of my sand/dirt indoor school to a depth of only 2" and it completely stopped the dust coming through even in summer. Any rubber surface should do provided its thick enough - does depend I suppose on amount of use and type of use. I had sensible horses and didn't lunge much in there unless the horse was quietish. In fact, I never had to harrow it in 4 years.