INFO REQUIRED URGENTLY ON DAUGHTERS PONY

Solomon

Visit site
I am desperately seeking info on my daughters pony - he is approx 14 hands, 15 year old (at a guess) dun gelding. Currently called Hannington Samuel (Sam) but I think that he may have had a previous name. Freezemark 13D1. I love him to bits but he can be a real pain in the ar**! We think he may have been in the Billericay area (Essex) sometime between 1991 and 2003. He has scars on both front legs just above his pasterns which aren't noticeable unless you really look.

PS I wanted to post a piccie but have no idea where to start! can anyone help me?

TGM

Visit site
Have done a Google on his name and found this (from 2004):

"AREA 43 Southampton, Hants. 20 October
Sue Carson Saddles/Alruba British Novice 1, Southern Breeze (K Parker); 2, Little Miss Naughty (C Osmond-Smith); 3, Touplesse (J Warwick). Equissage Discovery 1, Joli Madame Pompadour (A Austin); 2, Ra Tina H (P Jones); 3, Scooby Doo (K Doyle). 1.05m 1, Diamond Dalmation (S Brotherton); 2, First Edition VI (c Osmond-Smith); 3, Just for Chance (S Evans). Senior Newcomers 1, Wokando (K Doyle); 2,Retreats Piero (G Manson); 3, NG Master Polo (G Manson). 1.10m 1, Mandingo X (R Hook); 2, Carnival Twist (P Jones); 3, Presley (L Roberson). Horse & Hound Foxhunter/1.20m 1, My Zebedee (S Evans); 2, Alona (R Hook); 3, Wayside Tiger Lily (P Grimster). Junior British Novice 1, Hannington Samuel (S Hammett); 2, Cactus (C Roberts); 3, Diamond Diva II (N Lockyear). "

Could that be him?

Solomon

Visit site
Hiya - Yes that is him - That was with the people prior to the people I got him from. That is where my trail ran cold!! I really need info on him prior to 2004. Thanks so much for taking the time to google him I really appreciate any help!

TGM

Visit site
So will the people you got him from not say where he came from? Would the freezemarking company give you any details of previous owners?

TGM

Visit site
By the way, if you want to post a pic here are instructions:

1. Open an free account with www.photobucket.com

2. Upload your photo to photobucket

3. Choose the edit function, and then the resize option - would suggest choosing the website/email size

4. Copy the code from the IMG box underneath the photo and paste it into a message on here.

Hope that helps!

Solomon

Visit site
At last I can put a piccie in!!!

sam.jpg

I have tried Farmkey - they promised 6 weeks ago that letters would be sent to the 2 people they have registered for him. I checked yesterday and they hadn't done it but promised me they would be sent there and then. I have a list of livery yards/riding schools and vets in the area and have begun my search that way as well.

Solomon

Visit site
Thanks!

Great news - I am in contact with local radio and newspapers for the Billericay area - hopefully someone can help me by running an article/story!

JessPickle

Visit site
I posted a video on youtube with his name as the title and traced his past! very strange I know! I still dont know his sire/dam but know loads about his past

Its worth a try

jess

Twiglet

Visit site
Contact the Essex Rider (www.essexrider.co.uk) and Equestrian Monthly (www.equestrian-monthly.co.uk), both well read magazines in the area and have friendly and helpful editors.

Also, might be worth posting a note to Norton Heath equestrian centre, and Longwood EC (both have websites, try googling them) as they have noticeboards where they could put notes up. Don't know if they'll charge as you're obviously not selling anything.
Both run BSJA competitions frequently, so should reach your target audience with any luck.

Local newspapers Brentwood Gazette, Romford Recorder and Essex Chronicle may be able to help.

Good luck with your search.

Solomon

Visit site
Hi

Can you explain what Youtube is please - sorry complete novice at this internet stuff!!

I tried BSJA but he was only registered in 2003 so unless he had another name they can't help any further back then that.

Thanks for all the details on newspapers and publications that I can put and advert in - I will be following those up.

I need his veterinary records and want to know his exact age.

Twiglet

Visit site
It's a long shot, as I'm not sure they'll give details out, but you can ask local vets House & Jackson, Pegasus, Conor Fenlon clinic, Paton & Lee if they had a horse with that name registered? They're very unlikely to give out contact details but may be able to pass a message on to old owners?

Solomon

Visit site
Mornin

I have tried the vets but they are very cagey about giving out any info. I only have his vaccination card from the last home he had - the one I got him from. I had a call from a lady who owned him this morning but her memory was very vague and she has a lot of stuff in storage but she is going to take a look and see if anything relates to him. They called him Sam but she thinks his name may have been The Dun Thing or The Done Thing. Does anyone remember a pony by that name? They purchased him from the Taplow area near Slough