Infrared therapy for arthritis?

HelenBack

Visit site
Does anybody use infrared stuff on their horses with arthritis? I'm generally quite sceptical about this sort of stuff but there are some quite good prices on Masta rugs and other stuff through the Harry Hall one club at the moment so I'm wondering whether to give some of it a try.

Any reviews, good or bad, gratefully received.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
A few vets and a few professionals have said to me if you've got the stuff use it it wont hurt. If your thinking of buying save your money as there is no science behind it. In the past I have bought anything I have thought would help my horse so I'm no good at saying dont buy!!

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I have the Back on Track bed liner, it was for my young collie when he was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. He would always pick the bed with that one in and i moved it around randomly into the other beds just to be sure.

I have the thin gloves as liners for me which helps in my seal skins with my raynards.

My big boy has the premier equine leg wraps as they were on sale and I have to say he is alot warmer in them and moves better than my other horse feels with just the normal padded leg wraps.

So I do think they help. But I could be wrong.

HelenBack

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I do often wonder if it's a placebo effect with some of these things and it's just the fact that whatever we put on keeps them warmer and that's what helps. That said I'm more than happy to waste a bit of money trying things and it does sound like there is some anecdotal evidence here so I'm tempted to give something a go.

I also suffer from terrible cold hands myself and it can be quite unpleasant at times so I think I'll look into the glove liners too. I guess if I get a positive result on my myself that might convince me a bit more when it comes to my horse!

oldie48

Visit site
I use a Protechmasta rug on Rose. she doesn't have arthritis but she does get tight in her back and I feel it helps to loosen her up before riding and I travel her in it too as it seems to keep her at a nice temperature.