Inhaling herbs- dangerous?

alainax

Visit site
Sorry it's a bit random but I am hoping someone might know!

I have recently bought a well known suppliers targeted herb supplement for horses. The product is very very fine, finer than flour and icing sugar. No matter which way I scoop it I get a cloud of herb forming and inevitably inhale some of it ( even when I try to avoid it!) Fine for the horse as it's mixed in wet feed, but I'm paranoid that it can't be good for me!

Anyone know if I'm worrying over nothing before I get a face mask!

Thanks

Last edited:

rextherobber

Visit site
Interesting question! (Which I don't know the answer to..) Think it would depend on the herb and the purity of the powder (no fillers etc ). Maybe a call to the manufacturer?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I know it worried me somewhat when Jay was on steroids for 6 weeks, in a powder form. The powder was so fine that whatever I did with water etc, I inhaled plenty of steroid!

Herb powder would not worry me so much but if it dies concern you then a dust mask is a cheap solution.

Shay

Visit site
It does depend on what herbs are there and what your own state of health is. There are some you would not want to inhale if you are athsmatic, have allergies or are pregnant. Some don't combine well with other form of prescription medication.

But that said the amount you might inhale is going to be very small. Assuming your health is otherwise OK I'd ignore it. Or just hold your breath briefly!

alainax

Visit site
Thank you for the replies and suggestions! it really catches in the back of your throat when you open the tub, even when breathing through the nose! I presume if I call the manufacturer they will advise its not designed for humans to breathe in :p I do meet one of the things on Shays list, so maybe ill grab a wee dust mask just to be on the safe side!

Last edited: