Inspiring Instagramers - long lockdown evenings!

canteron

Visit site
Can anyone recommend any horsey Instagram people they like to follow!
Most of the people I follow are foreign (maybe because of lockdown we aren’t doing too much?!) but would love some British recommends as well!
On a long winters evening I love people who inspire me to look at things differently or really know how to make an Instagram fun.
Not too many product placements please (sorry Charlotte Dujardin) and not to self absorbed - can only cope with soo many perfectly poised pictures, a bit of mud and getting it not perfect is good! Someone older still rocking it would be cool too.

ponynutz

Visit site
@ibble_watson
@gopronies
@jkp.equestrian
@pony_nuts

All amateurs (although ibble's mum is an ex 5* eventer as far as I know, and she herself has competed on ponies on the British Eventing Team) but very good and definitely inspiring!

HobleytheTB

Visit site
@Laurenallport - she's irish, living in Belgium. Mostly has showjumpers and youngsters. Nice mix of pro stuff, falls and fails and the horses just mucking about in the fields.

@endotheblind.morgan - totally blind horse who somehow is still ridden and seems to do everything a regular horse can do!

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I find following #’s (I like spotty horses! so I follow the hashtag #spottedhorses), then you can see the posts which people have used that tag - that helped me find accounts that I like! I recommend:
Gingers journey to eventing
Man on horse
Elphick event ponies
Wimpy eventer
Lillen the shire
Brace yourself

Splash2310

Visit site
I really like Elphickeventponies. She does a lot on YouTube and her and her mum are funny, don’t take themselves seriously and she often admits to nerves which I think is refreshing.

100% agree - I also like the fact she keeps in a lot of “fails” to do with striding, falling off, huge jumps etc - makes me pleased that I’m not the only one who occasionally messes up!

mossycup

Visit site
Callie Coles

EMD Eventing

Elphick Event Ponies

Abi Lyle

Fenella Quinn Dressage

Nicola J Mellor

Life In The Saddle

life on the left rein

Riding with Rhi

Adventures of Megatron

The Teko Diaries

Retraining Reggie

Teacups and Trotting

Two Jolly Jockeys

Orange Fox Eventing

Life With Spirit

Life On the Buckle

Lady Jane

Visit site

mossycup

Visit site
Do they ever go to school? And do the parents go to work? They do seem to have a charmed life. But I am addicted to watching their fun. Maybe I'm jealous!

They home school. I don't know what the father does for work but they claim to live frugally/simply, and there's no evidence to suggest otherwise. Their house was/is on the market for 800k so there is money somewhere. Regardless, I think the girls are having the loveliest childhood and their parents are doing an excellent job!

vam

Visit site
Mirihackett - lovely rider and trainer and honest about life
Riding Remington
Caroline Breen
Equispire - good polework inspo
Eventsthroughalens
Muddymayhem1
Countrygrandeur
evie.toombes - one of the most inspiring people out their
ridingwithrhi

all lovey accounts and not to product heavy.

sherry90

Visit site
Some are VERY product heavy so just keep that in mind and don’t get sucked into their PR/ads if you are easily influenced (been there myself!) but some do really good vlogs (the older ones are less product heavy!)

Uliy

Visit site
Footluce Eventing
Fern Wrighton Eventing
Erin Williams
Flo Carter Eventing
Kate Sanderson Equestrian

I also watch a lot of the names mentioned above and really enjoy their content and appreciate the effort that goes into it! ?

mini_b

Visit site
I really like Elphickeventponies. She does a lot on YouTube and her and her mum are funny, don’t take themselves seriously and she often admits to nerves which I think is refreshing.

Ponynuts is also good and Ibble Watson.

megan Elphick and hobbit ❤️ Love them!

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
Another vote for kizzy and etties ponies. What a beautiful childhood those girls have. And another vote for elphick event ponies. Apart from those I mainly follow smaller accounts as the constant ads, 'unboxing' videos and shout outs do my head in.

Bluepepper

Visit site
Mirihackett & RidingwithRhi are my favourites. Both very down to earth, relateable and not too much product placement. I've learnt a lot from their content!

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Two friends accounts I follow are @AnnabelleTomlinson who has a lovely SJ pony called Tazzy. Annabelle has been open in her battles with eating disorders but the incredible improvement she has developed in Tazzy is amazing.

@ImmyKennedy is another on our farm who has a horse of her own and she is starting to compete at BE. She also rides out for some racing yards.

@SuffolkHorse because why wouldn't you :D