Instruction costs

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Just wondering what people pay for a private lesson on your own horse nowadays? Not clinics with big names, but local instructors.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Cheshire. £30 for Riding Club level, £45-60 for GP level but not National Team level arena additional unless they have one of their own or they are running a clinic.

I'm now paying £50 in Derbyshire, arena included.

Griffin

Visit site
East Midlands £30 for 45 minutes (£25 for 30 minutes), my instructor comes to me.

I have an arena where I keep my horse and I don't have to pay to use it.

chaps89

Visit site
£30 plus arena hire for mine, £50 for share horses instructor (No arena hire there). Both come to me, though as I'm now out of my instructors area I travel over to a yard towards her
Both are good but I vastly prefer mine (not just because she's cheaper either)

I charge alot less, as I don't have qualifications just experience.
I just do the odd bit here and there for people I know/through word of mouth so it's really usually just fuel money but I love teaching and schooling and wish I was good enough/confident enough to do more of it.

Wheels

Visit site
£50 for 45 mins with a GP rider, £75 for 45 mins with GP rider who is also FBHS, £35 with my classical trainer

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Local RC coach has fab arena, £25 for 45 mins and she's pretty effective for flat, poles, sj and xc. She competes BE.
Cranky stressage coach is £25 at mine in the field as he keeps his further down the lane. More plus arena hire if I box up to go out.
SJ trainer is £45 for 40 to 45 mins private, plus arena hire.

Poster further up needs more confidence in herself, I haven't heard her teach but she's v light in the seat and hands, and rides well enough to my eyes, to advertise herself for schooling :)

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
£15 for as long as I can survive (about 30mins, shared private) with an international rider who isn't a name but is a friend and based on the same yard. She would usually book the arena for a day then teach all of us through the day in a very relaxed approach. Amazing day and everyone loves them but we haven't done them since covid. So lucky to have this.

The name on our yard charges £45 for an hour and that includes him spending a good 15 mins riding and schooling your horse before teaching you. (Incredible to watch, a very light and effective rider)

Visit site
The name on our yard charges £45 for an hour and that includes him spending a good 15 mins riding and schooling your horse before teaching you. (Incredible to watch, a very light and effective rider)

It's been 20+ years since I have had a lesson but that set up sounds absolutely ideal for people wanting to progress through the competition levels with their horse. If the instructor knows your horse and what buttons to push it should be a lot easier to teach the human too. I would also say £45 is good value for money for that service too!

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
It's been 20+ years since I have had a lesson but that set up sounds absolutely ideal for people wanting to progress through the competition levels with their horse. If the instructor knows your horse and what buttons to push it should be a lot easier to teach the human too. I would also say £45 is good value for money for that service too!
It is, and it's incredible to see the transformation he achieves in both horse and rider.

Regandal

Visit site
£30 for 45 minutes, has trained and ridden to GP. She won’t take anymore, cites lack of formal qualifications. Will also school horses and hack them out. Love watching her ride my horse, makes it look so easy!