Instructors in Lewes / East Sussex area

sandr

Visit site
I am a bit nervous and don't like being shouted at
crazy.gif
so I looking for a kind sympathetic instructor who can work with me and my boy, and also someone who is used to SI injuries (who can see when he is getting uncomfortable and not just lazy and get the lunge whip out whip like one lady i had
mad.gif
)

NWalker

Visit site
I have a fantastic instructor. Her name is Alison Short. She is very sympathetic to both horse and rider and very good at spotting when your horse is not quite comfortable. PM me if you want her number.

sandr

Visit site
Than you both. Alison is a bit expensive for me ATM, but i will keep hold of the number, thank you.

I will pm you Totup

Halfpass

Visit site
Mandy Lawrence comes this way most weeks. Very classical but gets the horse working very correctly which is ideal for SI injuries. Very calm natured and not a shouty type at all. Knows when the horse has worked hard and had enough too!

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Another vote for Alison Short. She comes to our yard near Lewes to teach and I know she is cheaper if she teaches another horse in the area/same yard either immediately before or after. Feel free to PM if you want to have a go at getting a lesson sorted on the same day as me.

You also get full value for money from her as she doesn't talk on her mobile whilst teaching and you get a full hour if both you and horse are up to it physically and mentally. You also get homework!

sandr

Visit site
Thansk Rubyredshoes, a couple of people have said she is good, I just cant afford £40 a week!! Thats more than my livery!!

Where are you RRS?

NWalker

Visit site
Yes Alison is cheaper if she teaches somebody else at the same time. I have to say my previous instructor was nearly half the price of Alison but in a year I hadn't really made any progress. I have had Alison for the past couple of months and both me and my horse have come on so much. She only teaches a friend of mine once a month but my friend still managed to get 70% in her first ever prelim test!! She is a really inspiring lovely person.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
I hope you all arrived safely and enjoying Sussex.

I don't know if anyone/recommend you having lessons with:

Deborah Melville (Additional Information - I offer physical and psychological training for all levels of competition, from unaffiliated grass roots to affiliated in eventing, dressage and SJ. I also provide training for professional qualifications such as BHSI plus Pony Club and Riding Club tests, Trainer, Mentor and assessor for UKCC levels one, two and three. I am also available for instuction to those who want to improve and have fun)

or

Oonagh Meyer (Additional Information - Encouraging realistic advice and tuition across main discipline areas and general schooling, coaching and training programs for individual aims; career advice - further/higher education with horses, BHS EQL moderator and assessor, examiner, PC etc, NVQ internal verifier. Visit website www.woodyardtraining.com re clinics/updates.)

They are on the BHS website.