Insurance a necessity do you think

Nudibranch

Visit site
I am sorry this happened to the girl but really....a prime example of the ambulance chasing culture we now live in. Sounds like a combination of overconfident teenager and inexperienced owner although the article is less than clear. I wouldn't think TP insurance would cover it though. Riding is risky; I hope she doesn't win and set some crazy precedent.

chillipup

Visit site
What a dreadful accident. I can sympathise for the young girl but I wonder if the case is being brought because she was only 14 at the time and had she been 18, it would have been her own choice and own responibility, as she'd be classed as an adult? I not saying it wasn't her own choice to ride the horse (especially as it's alleged her mother said it was OK to do so) but whether or not her age comes into the equation.

zaminda

Visit site
I saw this earlier. I feel sorry for the girl, ,but if she had her own pony, she should have known how dangerous riding can be. Whilst sympathetic for her injuries I have no sympathy for her suing.
At the age of 14, I had mainly ridden ponies, however I would have been capable of riding the majority of ex racers I have since come across. Its sad that the blame culture, and cases like this will probably stop many people letting kids have a shot on their horse, which is sad, because I gained a lot of experience riding other peoples horses.Sadly I think people have to be very careful about letting others ride there horses, and I can see a day when you have to get people to sign a disclaimer before they get on.

Pedantic

Visit site
I'm thinking she probably doesn't have much choice, life in a wheelchair what you gonna do, she probably has to go for £3million as she will probably have to settle for less, thinking what we would do and what we would actually do if we were in her situation are two different things, any way it's what we all have insurance for, in case someone decides to sue us if something happens.

chillipup

Visit site
I'm thinking she probably doesn't have much choice, life in a wheelchair what you gonna do, she probably has to go for £3million as she will probably have to settle for less, thinking what we would do and what we would actually do if we were in her situation are two different things,

any way it's what we all have insurance for, in case someone decides to sue us if something happens.

^ Your last line exactly.

Maesto's Girl

Visit site
It's an accident...accidents happen! Even the most competent riders can lose their seat and come off! I did Sunday off of a pony I've ridden for 2 years and I'm not going to court. At 14, I knew what I could and couldn't control and if a horse had been napping and playing silly in hand, I would have questioned getting on it.

Nobody forced her on the horse so nobody is at fault. It's a terrible outcome of a fall but it's a dangerous hobby and these things do happen. It's a risk we all take