Insurance - Best companies and cheapest?

LauraBR

Visit site
The only companies I would use (based on feedback from people I know) are NFU, Petplan, or KBIS. So, cheapest quote vs best cover for horse in question gets my business- so far NFU have won hands down 3 times running...

MagicMelon

Visit site
Ok, will get quotes from them. Thanks
smile.gif
Anymore?

And anybody know if they offer any discounts for being members of BRC, BSJA, BE etc.?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Oh and other 2 questions:

Do these companies usually need a 5 stage vetting before hand?

How on earth do I value my horse?! Can anyone give me an idea: he's competing successfully Novice eventing, possibly go up a level next year. Won over £400 BSJA, jumping 1.15's, will go up to 1.20's soon. I dont want to under-value but then dont want to over-do it either as obviously I'll have to pay more!

beh

Visit site
we are with NFU and they are the best. we have insured everything to do with horses e.g. tack and lorry and they have always been perfect. we have never need to have a vetting but if you are insuring your horse for a lot of money you never no?
XJX

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
Petplan are who I'm with as they gave me the best quotes and I'd heard good things.

I'd go with Izt's list personally. That is KBIS, NFU and Petplan.

I've also used Equestrian Direct who were lovely and efficient, but I never claimed from them.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I'm with NFU & have never had any problems with them. There are other companies that are cheaper but cheaper is not always better.

If you want to insure your animal for over £5000 most insurance companies want 5 stage vetting & premiums increase quite alot as the value goes up. When the value reaches a certain level they may also want x-rays.