Insurance companies...

bandit

Visit site
guys - help..

current insurance co is giving me hassle about new horse. insuring her for what she was up for, but as i did buy her for slightly less - stupidly i confessed on the insurance form and now they are saying they won't insure for the full amount.

if htey continue to *rse about, i will change companies.. hence my post..

Please can i have the names of good insurers???

Cheers in advance.

Bx

miller

Visit site
NFU every time - no problem at all adding OH's horse to my policy even with her fired legs, they said if she had no further problems with tendons they may consider insuring them at renewal - was gobsmacked!

Claireg9

Visit site
NFU have been good with my horse, and ive just put in a claim for tack stolen, looks like that will go through and we had full amount paid out on Candy our bay mare in my signature that had loss of use 10 + years back!

They annoyed me with Trailers though!

Kelly1982

Visit site
Thats exactly what my insurance company did to me. They did say about arranging a vet of something to estimate her value etc but it was too much hassle.

I stayed with them though as i know that they are really good and they said they will re-assess her value next year.

TBH though the more you insure them for the more your premiums go up and the way i look at it is, if god forbid anything does happen then i have still got enough money to start over providing they will pay out anyway.

I dont think there are many horses insured for what they are worth.

bandit

Visit site
it is the NFU i'm with and i've had a claim before with Ludo and they were really good - i've got the ad and sent them that.

makes me cross that i was honest as i didn't have to provide a reciept so i should and could have lied - that is what makes me mad - i've been honest.

Bx

Kelly1982

Visit site
I felt exactly the same as they didn't ask how much she was worth, just how much i paid. I even explained that i got her off of a friend so got her half price and they weren't interested.

bandit

Visit site
frankly i asked about it all before i got the form and they catagorically said the price paid was irrelevant and it was what i'd want to insure her for.

i've got hte H&H advert she was in i'm going to copy and send as i know it's more premiums but if she is worth that much i want her to be insured for htat much...

GGGRRRRh

burtie

Visit site
A horse in only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, clearly she is therefore only worth what you paid not what she was advertised for. If you did have the misfortune to have to make a claim for death in the next few months it would not matter what you thought she was worth only what their underwriting dept thought she was worth. If you do manage to get her insured for more than you paid, unless you have a very good reason for the higher amount you will be completely wasting your money.