Insurance for horse box

smellsofhorse

Visit site
I have a 16t ford iveco hgv, I'm 23 and insure it with the Nfu, 300 this last year including roadside recovery and transportation for the horses

That pretty good!

Not over the top yet, would you say nfu are competitive for lorry insurance?
Ive got everything else insured with them so it would make sense to stick with what i know!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I pay a little more for the same level of cover £350 for a 7.5t DAF but I think where you are geographically influences how much too.

In comparisons I found that the NFU cover for the lorry was a bit more than some, but the breakdown cover was good value (I think it's about £125 and you couldn't take that separately

blueeyed20girl

Visit site
We have our farm and tractors insured with them so I'm pretty sure that's why they are so good value, if you are all ready with them then they should give you some discount or that's what they told me. I used to be with Drayton insurance as when I first started driving my horse box because of my age they were the only ones that would insure me because of my age?? They might be worth a try but they didnt offer me breakdown and after my old 7.5 t broke down at a show only 20 miles from home and a local garage charged me 300 just to tow it back to their garage I decided I would always include breakdown on my policy!! Yes I think the area you are in plays a big part also ...I'm in rural Lincolnshire were luckily not much crime lorry wise goes on thank god so maybe that plays a big part in my price??