Insurance for 'sharer'

Crackerz

Visit site
I advertised my NF on Preloved as I need to spend some extra time on my Sec D. I just wanted someone to come ride him a few times a week - no money exchanging hands either way.

I weeded through the school holiday kid replies and have found the perfect rider. She's relocated to my town for work after graduating and had to sell up her ponies. She said she was very experienced and proved to be when she rode my boy - he went fantastically so we are both happy as she loved him.

Very happy i have found her, it will be the perfect set up as she wanted something quality to ride & i needed a good experienced small adult rider!

I shouldn't imagine she has any insurance now she doesn't have her own - would it be worth mentioning BHS Gold? Or will that not cover her? I'm not sure if mine own BHS Gold would cover her or not, it doesn't seem to clear unless my searching skills are failing me :( What does everyone else do? This is a new one on me!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
If your horse is insured then she should be covered for 3rd party liability on that if horse causes an accident when she is riding. You should let your insurance company know about the arrangement. Personal injury insurance is really up to her. I have never had this for any of the horses I ride or share.

Crackerz

Visit site
If your horse is insured then she should be covered for 3rd party liability on that if horse causes an accident when she is riding. You should let your insurance company know about the arrangement. Personal injury insurance is really up to her. I have never had this for any of the horses I ride or share.

I don't insure my horses, only third party through BHS :)

Lucky you!!!!!!!

Tell me about it! I needed some luck at the moment, everything seems to be against me :D

Luci07

Visit site
Rider insurance isn't expensive. Ask her to get her own or you could be legally liable if she has an accident and wants to sue you. It can happen!

muddygreymare

Visit site
When I had a sharer I just got her to get herself basic rider insurance, I think she got it through petplan and it was pretty cheap. My mare is insured but I just wanted to cover all bases with the sharer being insured too. Your sharer sounds great, I hope it works out well :)

booandellie

Visit site
I believe she can take out a gold membership BHS which includes third party and rider insurance. I know when i was sharing, i wanted to take out a policy with nfu for rider insurance but they said they didn't do that unless the horse was insured with them .