Insurance for those who are freelance

GlamourDol

Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'm about to leave my full time job to go freelance training/ riding/ grooming so obviously I need to up my insurance just in case something were to happen to either me or a client / their horse.
Does anybody have any recommendations for the best companies and also roughly what are you paying per year?

Tia x

Spottyappy

Visit site
Shearwater was who we used for my daughter.
She not did about 8 hours a week,but 10 was their minimum. I can't recall what the renewal was but think about £400, as we didn't renew as she works elsewhere now.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
When I was looking for groom and instructors insurance I found the BHS were the cheapest. Even some of the insurance companies I contacted suggested the BHS compared with what they could offer.

When I looked in BHS they wouldn't insure me if any money parted for business purposes

william95

Visit site
The BHS do do insurance through their Register of Instructors scheme. It costs about £200 per year but does depend on the options you take as to your cover. To go on the Register you have to have done the relevant BHS exams, an appropriate first aid course, child protection course and have a DBS check as well as attend a training day once every 2 years. The cover that being on the Register gives you is very good though. You also get advertising on their website and kept up to date with any changes happening in the industry so it is worthwhile in my opinion.

loobylu

Visit site
When I looked in BHS they wouldn't insure me if any money parted for business purposes
To clarify, you are referring to the liability cover provided to members. As a member, if you have the correct pre requisites as stated by someone above, then you can purchase professional liability and care, custody and control insurance at a good price.