insurance purpose, value of pony?

Vicki1986

Visit site
Any ball park figures appreciated...

13 years chestnut mare, 13.1hh, WHP,
passported, not reg breed,
teeth back and feet sound and up to date, jabs up to date etc.

SJ currently 2ft9 with novice owner has done up to 3ft6 in past with competent teen.
XC 3ft happily.
never stops SJ and is brave XC.
good track record for lots of local shows

ability to do nice walk & trot test dressage, prelim with further schooling.

Not childs ride, ideally fun teen/small adult.

Hunts impeccably & hunter trials.

Travels beautifully - loads herself. Is a delight at shows and really enjoys going out.

Hacks in company going first or last, hacks alone with competent rider

Lives of thin air (goes through two bags on HiFi a YEAR!!)

100% clip load box shoe. No vices.

What price would you say roughly??
I bought her in march for £500 including 4 rugs & tack but i think she is worth more than that
cool.gif

signature26-10-06253.jpg

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I agre, just put her at the lowest price, ie what you paid for her, (if you're not that bothered about getting the money back if she dies), and that will keep premiums low. I pay a tenner a month for a pony worth the same.

jemima

Visit site
Goodness knows for insurance but if she'll cope with a young but competent teen you could sell half a dozen of her round here at the moment for around £2.5 - 3.5K

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Goodness knows for insurance but if she'll cope with a young but competent teen you could sell half a dozen of her round here at the moment for around £2.5 - 3.5K

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, could sell her to me, sounds just my kind of pony!

Vicki1986

Visit site
haha shes never going anywhere touch wood, she's been shunted around alot and now ive got her hopefully she will stay wit hme forever we have so much fun together.

she would affiliate with the right kid she's a very honest jumper but she just doesnt like young kids very much haha

Farm Kat

Visit site
Sounds alot like Mums, little lad. We paid £650 for him, and he is insured for that, insurance company haven't quibbled it, and yes it keeps premiums down.

HelenPolly

Visit site
We put the value of our horse at what we paid for her years ago, a pittence, but if anything happened to her now I'd never be able to replace her with the money I'd get. When I asked about increasing her value slighly the insurance company said they needed proof, very hard to do when you only attend local shows!

Don't undervalue your horse!

a1b2c3

Visit site
I'd put her in at £950.

It keeps the premiums low if its under a grand.

Plus, they will want toi know what you bought her for, so if you insure her for more, say thats what you bought her for, or they will want proof she is worth so much more.