Insurance - What do you value your horse at?

How confident are you when hacking out?

• Total voters

burtie

Visit site
Just interested due to the amout of posts! I only insure for a nominal amount as I want vets fees cover and don't want to pay for death cover as it is so subjective(beleive it or not
confused.gif
) and a lot of companies would quible the market value anyway.

fairhill

Visit site
Other for me - currently she's insured for what I paid for her as a just broken 3-4 year old. She's now 6 and a lot more established, and I think worth a lot more... I will probably insure for more when I renew, so I'm sure I'll be doing a 'how much' post in the not too distant future.

Doublethyme

Visit site
I insure my mare for £3.5K, more than I paid for her has a baby, but less than she is probably worth on the open market (but who knows!).

I tend to work on the amount of money that would get me not her equivalent now she is older, but another nice unbroken or just backed youngster as that is what I would get. No point in paying high premiums for more than I actually need if something awful did happen. Its something I have thought out a bit, as it did happen with my last horse, who was underinsured at the time of her unexpected death and I only just had enough to get a youngster.