Insurance

smokeybabes

Visit site
I'm having a look at other insurance companies as i'm with the company that isn't considered very relaible (though to be fair, when i made a claim a few years ago they paid) and my policy is up for renewel.
So does anyone have any experience of Shearwater and/or KBIS as i have recieved reasonable quotes from both of those?

Cobland

Visit site
Sorry havent had any experience with those, mine are with NFU, my friend is with them too and when she had to claim for colic they were really good

Puppy

Visit site
I had one of my old horses insured with KBIS. They were excellent and paid out a huge vet bill and on his death. I would recommend them.
smile.gif

However I would also recommend NFU, who I have Be insured with. They provided by far the best quote and I've never heard a bad word said against them.

Bert&Maud

Visit site
NFU for me too! Any company is only as good as their record on paying out! Cheaper is definately not better in this case. I have had 1 year of treatment for my horse's kissing spines amounting to over £2500, which was eventually unsuccesful, paid for promptly and without question, and have today received a cheque for partial loss of use. I'll certainly use them again when I find my next horse!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
KBIS for me; been with them for years and they have paid out without any problems at all. Very helpful staff that are all horse oriented so know what you're talking about/going through which has to be a bonus!

Grumpy Herbert

Visit site
I've just changed my insurance to Petplan having been with E&L (ahem!).
blush.gif
And would you believe, Petplan are actually £5 per month cheaper per horse!! You can get a quote and arrange the whole thing online. I know that NFU are really good, as YO has them and they paid out when her horse needed some very expensive work done.