Insurance

charlottenicol

www.allt-na-craig.co.uk
I know this is a time old question, my insurance is up for renewal, as I had to buy horse, tack etc last year I went for cheap and not so cheerful, so now I am looking around for quotes and at the moment it is a close contest between KBIS, SEIB and Stoneways, just looking for comments to help with choosing.
crazy.gif

Marquire

Visit site
I'm with SEIB but as I've never had to make a claim I can't comment on what they are like but the premiums seem fairly reasonable.

I had a nightmare time with Petplan with my last horse. I had three separate claims with them, for cuts/kicks which needed stitched. They subsequently excluded three legs because of this. This is despite the fact my vet wrote to them explaining the cuts had been purely superficial and wouldn't cause any lasting effects. To add insult to injury they didn't even pay out for two of the claims because of some 'small print'. I'd be very reluctant to use them again.

Marie

ExRacers

Visit site
I can definitely recommend KBIS - have been with them for more than 12 years without problem and I work in the insurance industry. Most problems occur with insurance due to not reading the policy (dead boring but essential) or not telling the whole truth at the outset!

All I can say is check VERY carefully what you are getting for your money and that it suits your needs and you can't go wrong!

burtie

Visit site
I cannot recommend NFU enough. I have never claimed in 8 years, yet in January this year climed for £3600 in vets and associated fees, (the whole bill was over £4000!), they were great, no queries, no quibbles and paid within 2 weeks. Also they put no exclusions on the next renewal, even though he'd had a serious leg operation due to being kicked in field.