Insurance

eventergirl2

Visit site
I want to insure my new horse and was wondering who you are insured with? i got a quote from Pet plan but very expencive,i only really want to cover vets fee's?

Any advice?

Bri

Visit site
Stay away from E&L they'll give you the cheapest quote but it wont be worth the hassle you'll get when it comes to them paying out!!

Everyone on here usually recommends Petplan or NFU!

kerrylou123

Visit site
echo the pet plan and nfu!
Im with pet plan and had to horses insured with them, and got a month free as i took the 2 policies out together. Never had a problem with them myself, and never heard anyway say anything bad about them

eventergirl2

Visit site
NFU say they are not taking any more horse insurance on unless you have another horse or a lory/trailer with them as they have had so many claims
confused.gif

charlottenicol

www.allt-na-craig.co.uk
Did E&L for my first year as after purchase of horse, tack, rugs etc etc money was tight, we had a claim and due to a fire they took simply ages to pay and kept getting it wrong then put stupid exclusions on. I am now with NFU, origionaly tried to go with them but they weren't interested as I had nothing else insured with them,but have since moved yards and all the yard horses (40ish) are with NFU so have managed to get in with them. There are others I looked at KBIS, SOuth Essex and I think it was something like Carrigehorse (sp?) all reccomened through this forum. It is a mine field so do take time and compare who coveres for what. Good Luck

nicknack

Visit site
I'm with NFU, but please be careful of E&L - they've just taken 9 months to settle our claim for vet's fees.

I think vet surgeries tend to recommend Petplan or NFU because they pay up fairly promptly.

debbielinder

Visit site
i am with petplan but i am seriously considering changing due to the exclusions i was told to try nfu but if they r no longer taking on any more may try south essex as have been told they are good