Insuring weanlings

miller

Visit site
What company - have had a quote from NFU (other horses are with them) but not sure who else is 'reputable'

Want death, vets fees, public liability.

miller

Visit site
Will do but the online thing is down and only got an 0845 listed - will ring from work tomorrow
blush.gif

imafluffybunny

Visit site
KBIS are very good, I had to make a big claim with them and I had a cheque in 10 days.

They insured my foal from 24 hours and are very reasonably priced.

miller

Visit site
I know!

You'll have to come and see them (we're nearly en route to Claire's!)

how are your lovely girlies? Saw Poppy has been doing well
grin.gif

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Haha - you don't need to ask me twice to look at foalies, would love to come & see them. How do you think your others (you have 2 don't you) will react to them?

My 2 are doing well, they are chalk & cheese but am loving every minute with them. Will be weaning first foal in the next few weeks, that will be interesting!!

Yay, Poppy did her first event at Lt Downham. She was very, very green bless her, did a decent dressage and completed so mummy was very happy.

miller

Visit site
H used to 'uncle' foals at a previous yard so should be fine after the shock of a newbie has gone!

D has had a foal herself 9 years ago and after initial apprehension was fine with him so I'm sure they'll be fine.

H having his back shoes off the week before we pick them up - just in case, though they will be in separate field and H is to scared of the leccy to jump - foals are used to leccy already

These 2 will be chalk and cheese I think, one braver and more laid back, the other feisty and still quite timid
crazy.gif

We've got the first week off work with them so fingers crossed they'll soon learn we mean food
wink.gif

Ours are weaning this week, though everyone else in their paddocks have already been weaned and not a peep out of any of them!

Glad Poppy had a good run first time out - will you be taking up the reins?

parkside

Visit site
Hi - have 9 youngsters insured with KBIS - 09 was my first yr with them and they have had a rollercoaster ride with 3 vet fee claims on 3 different youngsters amounting to £6500 - paid in a wk without a quibble - absolutely brilliant.

Previously insured wuth Petplan who were quite good but they insist on weanlings being vetted - KBIS do not. Cannot reccomend them highly enough - about to renew!

miller

Visit site
Have to say so far not impressed with SEIB! Did an online quote request on wednesday with mobile number contactable 24hrs and e-mail address and not a sausage!

KBIS online quote came back straight away but dearer than NFU (who to be fair I've never had a complaint with), we worth shopping round
grin.gif

embonaught

Visit site
KBIS were by far the cheapest for me. Haven't had to make a claim but customer service has been good. About half the price of NFU (who I have my other horse insured with)

miller

Visit site
Bloomin heck - how did you manage that? NFU a whole £8 cheaper for the same cover so far - may be because that would be 4 horses, lorry, tractor and house insured with them
confused.gif

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
I insured mine with SEIB, had to claim within a couple months an they were really good. Have car, trailer and older horse insured with NFU who are also brilliant but they would only cover foal for the same level as older horse so it came up really expensive.

imafluffybunny

Visit site
I used to have a horse insured with SEIB, the horse was put down because of colic, he was admited into the best equine hospital, had £2000 worth of treatment but still didn't make it, SEIB tried their best to not pay out, eventually they did though.

I am now insured with KBIS, they are brilliant, also had to claim with them, so personal and payed out very quickly. All my horses are insured with them.