Interesting Livery Client

Tia

Visit site
I have just acquired a new boarder who has his own company which makes horse bows. They are actually pretty spectacular. He has a little 2 year old boarding here and so he has rented one of my horses to ride on a weekly basis; Sureshot the smaller Apppaloosa. Anyway he comes up with the money to pay for the rental of the horse and asks me if he can train him to fire arrows from him! How cool is that!! Of course I said yes - however I sort of feel that it isn't right him paying to rent one of my horses......and spends his whole time training that horse!

Here's his website for anyone interested: http://www.spitfirehorsebows.com/

JAK

Visit site
Wow, cool!
smile.gif

I've always wanted one of these Mongolian/Magyar type composite bows - they have an almost unlimited draw length & apart from the string coming off, you can damn near draw them 'til the limbs touch & they are very fast bows, great fun I would imagine!

We have English longbows & believe it or not, I have actually shot with OH's 90lb one, which is a hefty bow by any standards but a massive weight for a girlie!
(Haven't shot for years, so couldn't shoot it now obviously, doubt I could even string the bloomin' thing! LOL)

MD has done a bit of shooting when younger......ssshhh, best not show her this post! Imagine CB thundering towards you with MD guiding him with her knees & pointing a composite bow at you! Eek! God, she'd love that!
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Absolutely beautiful bows. He wants to teach me to fire one
blush.gif
.....not sure it's my thing really, but I am game for anything.

Was tempted last week though - all of the wolves have been eradicated except....see if you can guess which one got away...????

Yep you got it, the big male! Anyway was in one of the back fields a couple of days ago and HE was standing there looking at me! The bow boarder was back at the barn and I was so tempted to go back and ask him if he wanted a little "job", however I changed my mind as his arrows are sooooo beautiful I didn't want them getting all bl**dy LOL!! Anyway shooter came over yesterday and is back for a few days next week so HE won't be here for much longer. I hadn't realised that all his female friends had been taken out, perhaps that is why he is showing interest in my bitches?

dieseldog

Visit site
When you said horse bows - I thought of Ribbons....

I wouldn't feel guilty about him renting your horse, its obviously what he gets most fun doing, how many people would actually let him shoot arrows from their horse? Once the horse is trained is there a big demand for 'bow' horses? if no, he's not doing you any favours.

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I thought of Ribbons....

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL!! Excellent
cool.gif

Can't imagine there would be a great demand for horses like this - however it will be good as yet another bombproofing tactic for my guys; mind you there really isn't anything at all which spooks them so I very much doubt he will have to do very much to get them to accept this. I have 3 or 4 horses that I am happy to allow him to train to do this, so might give him a bit of discount to encourage him.

Tia

Visit site
They're even more amazing in real life. Ye I'll have a go - who knows it could be another business venture in the making!!

allijudd

Visit site
thats amazing....

(and its another skill you are getting paid for and are not paying for)

im trying to get my head around sitting on horse and firinga bow (used to be on the school team...a long while ago)

i want to fly my harris hawks from our horses....